Notices

Need support please... Day 5 :((((

Old 07-21-2014, 02:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Need support please... Day 5 :((((

My anxiety is UNBEARABLE today. I have a 6 pack in the fridge but I CAN'T drink. I am being placed on home detention due to a probation violation for an OWI last year. I go on Wednesday. I know I am being drug tested for alcohol or whatever it may be. I am prescribed xanax and took one but still struggling. I just don't want to be around ANYONE...my anxiety is so bad I don't want to even leave my house. I have suffered from anxiety since I was 17 (I'm now 24).. so I know the anxiety withdrawal effects are probably worse on me. My hands are a little bit shaky. My pulse is normal, not sure about my blood pressure. I have been through detox before. No fever, no hallucinations, just a paranoia that people are judging my anxiety/shaky hands. I wasn't drinking as bad when I went to detox last year.

I am going through a lot of stress as this home detention is for 75 days and is very scary and now that it is coming so close I am becoming more and more anxious and nervous. I also am in the process of moving this week and next week and packing has taken a toll. Me and my family haven't gotten along very well as I have been a bit cranky and on edge. My mother has been cranky as well because her and her boyfriend of 7 years just split up a week ago. I am just so stressed and sooooo tempted to open one of those bottles but I know that it is not an option anymore!! I just almost feel as if I am losing it!!

I know that things will get better but with all of this stress while quitting is definitely not helping and I just need someone to talk to

Any insight on how bad or how long your anxiety lasted? I see a counselor/psychiatrist tomorrow morning for my anxiety if I can even make it without panicking!!!
Old 07-21-2014, 02:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

My anxiety was through the roof but it got MUCH better after a couple of weeks. Please know that if you drink at this point it will actually make your anxiety worse most likely.

I do question why you have a six pack in your fridge in the first place - can you dump it out?
Old 07-21-2014, 02:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
My anxiety was through the roof but it got MUCH better after a couple of weeks. Please know that if you drink at this point it will actually make your anxiety worse most likely.

I do question why you have a six pack in your fridge in the first place - can you dump it out?
The problem is, I need to get a job for this home detention program. But there is no possible way that I can work like this! I feel like a spaz!!

The six pack is not mine. It is my mother's actually and I wish she would get rid of it already! I am going to talk to her about it when she comes over. I know I can't drink. Both for my health, sobriety, and legal issues.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by kmae89 View Post
The problem is, I need to get a job for this home detention program. But there is no possible way that I can work like this! I feel like a spaz!!
Have you spoken with the doctor that prescribed the Xanax? Perhaps if it isn't working you should make an appointment to see if there is something different you could try, either therapy or a different med.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Have you spoken with the doctor that prescribed the Xanax? Perhaps if it isn't working you should make an appointment to see if there is something different you could try, either therapy or a different med.
No, however I am hoping tomorrow when I talk with the counselor (however I think this is only intake unfortunately) I am hoping that they will prescribe something tomorrow to help. I am reaching out to counseling because I really need someone to talk to me and help me through this in person.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

No, however I am hoping tomorrow when I talk with the counselor (however I think this is only intake unfortunately) I am hoping that they will prescribe something tomorrow to help. I am reaching out to counseling because I really need someone to talk to me and help me through this in person.
Try calling your local AA hotline. Anxiety can't hurt you, but drinking can.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Alcohol I find doesn't fix much in life, it only makes things worse, don't go down that road!!

You can do this!!
Old 07-21-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i'm 28 and also have struggled with major anxiety problems since i was a teen - i know how hard and scary it can be and i also get stuck in the same anxiety spirals of "can they tell that my hands are shaking, am i shaky from nerves or withdrawal" etc. hang in there and talk to your doctor/counselor about other ways to medicate/treat the anxiety - it's not easy but i have hope we can all get thru this. <3
Old 07-21-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Smile

Try calling your local AA hotline. Anxiety can't hurt you, but drinking can.
I love that! Absolutely true... Keep strong and if would suggest aa meetings, you will meet people that are more then likely going through the same thing. Best of luck
Old 07-21-2014, 03:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have the beer in the fridge issue here also, it's not mine but it becomes less temping as the time goes by. It's probably a better idea to get rid of it in the early days
Old 07-22-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

kmmae, how are you doing now? Every day may not get better right away but after enough days it will. Just hang in there. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and it's not a train-if you stay sober.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

The six pack is not mine. It is my mother's actually and I wish she would get rid of it already! I am going to talk to her about it when she comes over. I know I can't drink. Both for my health, sobriety, and legal issues.
Is that your own place? You have a right to declare it's an alcohol-free zone.

Suggestion: Let your mother know that you will pay her back for the beer that's in your fridge, and pour it out.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

My anxiety is UNBEARABLE today. I have a 6 pack in the fridge but I CAN'T drink. I am being placed on home detention due to a probation violation for an OWI last year. I go on Wednesday. I know I am being drug tested for alcohol or whatever it may be. I am prescribed xanax and took one but still struggling. I just don't want to be around ANYONE...my anxiety is so bad I don't want to even leave my house. I have suffered from anxiety since I was 17 (I'm now 24).. so I know the anxiety withdrawal effects are probably worse on me. My hands are a little bit shaky. My pulse is normal, not sure about my blood pressure. I have been through detox before. No fever, no hallucinations, just a paranoia that people are judging my anxiety/shaky hands. I wasn't drinking as bad when I went to detox last year.

I am going through a lot of stress as this home detention is for 75 days and is very scary and now that it is coming so close I am becoming more and more anxious and nervous. I also am in the process of moving this week and next week and packing has taken a toll. Me and my family haven't gotten along very well as I have been a bit cranky and on edge. My mother has been cranky as well because her and her boyfriend of 7 years just split up a week ago. I am just so stressed and sooooo tempted to open one of those bottles but I know that it is not an option anymore!! I just almost feel as if I am losing it!!

I know that things will get better but with all of this stress while quitting is definitely not helping and I just need someone to talk to

Any insight on how bad or how long your anxiety lasted? I see a counselor/psychiatrist tomorrow morning for my anxiety if I can even make it without panicking!!!
My anxiety did not stop until I stared seeking God with all my heart. then it disappeared. (to answer your question)
Old 07-22-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I took a xanax prior to my appt with the therapist. Today was just intake so they were just getting all of my symptoms and all this. I made it through it!! I almost walked out when I got there because I did not expect so many people in the waiting room. I was nervous while filling out paperwork I didn't want my hands to shake worse. My anxiety right now is tolerable.Have not had a xanax since 9 am. Overall on day 6 I feel okay. I see my actual therapist August 8th, then I see a psychiatrist to prescribe meds after the other therapist evaluates me.

This morning I had woke up with sweats, slight shakiness, and of course anxiety, however it resided after the xanax. I am worried that I won't get any meds for anxiety and run out of xanax since I probably won't get anymore until I see the psychiatrist within the next month.

Tomorrow will be especially nerve-wrecking with having to deal with law enforcement legal issues but I KNOW this will get better day by day.

Thank you all for the support!! It is much needed and appreciated!
Old 07-22-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Congrats on making it through without drinking. Remorse probably would have made the anxiety worse.

CK