Back home

Old 07-21-2014, 02:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back home

Came home tonight because I can't stay at the gmas forever. Right off my AH says he wants to go to AA but only if he can drive the car himself. Ya because the car that is in my name and I'm still paying for not to mention the only working car I have at the moment should be trusted to someone who has proven to be irresponsible. So now he's refusing to go to AA. Quack. Then when I wasnt buying his poor me I can't do anything he switched it up to it's your way or the highway. Predictable A behavior. Sigh
Old 07-21-2014, 02:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

heartbrokenK....he can call the AA organization and someone will give him a ride to the meeting. AA members seem to be very generous and bend over backwards in this regard.

Maybe you could inform him of this....LOL....although it is not really your "job" to do so.

dandylion
Old 07-21-2014, 02:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm taking the it's HIS recovery let him figure it out approach lol I have my own issues to work on.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yup, Heartbroken, I think you're doing the right thing.

Someone shared this w/me about a year ago, and I found it to be a beautiful and powerful image. I hope you find some help in it also:

Ya wanna know the SECRET to whether someone is serious about recovery or not? When they stop TALKING and start DOING. When they abandon the alcoholic oath:
I'm Sorry
Please Forgive Me
It will NEVER happen AGAIN
Talk is just squawk....noise to diffuse and disturb....

We live on a lake and have ospreys and eagles that come 'round. When they are on the hunt, there is NO doubt about their intentions...they hover above, they swoop and swirl and the DIVE after their prey. It is magnificent and silent. They have a purpose and have no NEED to announce their plan. They are unconcerned with the world around them....for the eagle there are always the attendant "murder" of crows, dive bombing, harassing, relentless...they are honed in on their goal.

Recovery is the osprey, tucking its wing in close to its body, a missile now, a projectile diving in a straight line towards the water, seeing beneath the surface to the fish.

I feel that YOU'RE on your way to being the osprey, regardless of what your AH does or doesn't do, and that's a wonderful thing.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's so much less stressful when we can see their whacking for what it really is.