3 days gone by

Old 07-21-2014, 10:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 days gone by

Have been out of my house since Thursday. My AW has been calling and texting a lot. She is using all kinds of gut and manipulation to try and get me home. She has continued drinking since I left. I have blocked her number because I have said all I need to say to her, it's up to her now.
I want to see her get well but my question is to anyone who has experienced this. If my leaving didn't seem to faze her will anything get through to her? I know when I got sober it was an a-ha moment due to a seizure. I feel like the time for her a-ha has passed and this may not happen.
2nd al-anon meeting tonight for me and I need it right now. Thanks for listening.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you are going through this right now. Take care of yourself and let it unfold.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There's no way to predict if/when/what will be "enough" to "get through" to her..... or how long away that day is. Or if it will ever even arrive for that matter.

Any time I thought RAH had hit his bottom, I was wrong.... and then when he seemingly did, I could have never predicted it.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There's no way to predict if/when/what will be "enough" to "get through" to her..... or how long away that day is. Or if it will ever even arrive for that matter.
That. Exactly.

From what I understand, it's different from person to person what constitutes "hitting rock bottom." And like FireSprite says -- some just don't. My ex is one of them. He half-heartedly pretended at rehab after I left him, but started drinking again as soon as he realized I really wasn't coming back. I don't know where he is now, but I know he lost his job and his house. And kept blaming everything and everyone else and drinking.

I know that's not what you want to hear. But that's my story. What are you doing to take care of you?
Old 07-21-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everybody. Tonight is my second al-anon meeting, I play hockey 2 nights a week and focusing on work. It's tough and I am still getting used to just being me again. I am starting to realize how much I like me and want to keep it that way. It is so easy to lose sight of that fact amidst all the chaos of alcoholism.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello Hockey Erik,

You can take Al Anon at your own pace. You do not have to make excuses for why you are not at a meeting 7 days a week...

Personally I got a lot more out of SR the first 6 months. You will find a balance that works for you. I would imagine hockey is a great stress/anger outlet? Social outing and exercise to boot. Hmm maybe I should try hockey!?

Actually I think Al Anon should field women's roller derby teams! Codie Killers!
Old 07-22-2014, 09:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Code job,
Thanks for the response. Yes would recommend hockey to anyone, it relieves much stress. Although your roller derby idea sounds pretty good too.
I have been getting a lot of help from SR as well, it is a great outlet. This is what the internet was created for and I am very grateful for it.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

good job blocking her number!
Old 07-23-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm sorry your going through this but going to Alanon is a very big help. It saved my sanity because I learned I'm powerless over people, places and things. Your wife will or won't stop drinking and there's nothing anyone can say or do to affect it. I suggest prayer, but beyond that you're wise to block her calls. Alcoholics always cling to enablers.....