Notices

65 Days Sober

Old 07-21-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

65 Days Sober

I haven't been posting in a while, but I just wanted to check in.

Getting sober has been one of the more difficult personal journey's I have ever undertaken. I am still recovering, but feeling very at peace with where I am at.

Personally, I am feeling a new found sense of calmness and peace that I never experienced while drinking.

I love not having next morning regrets or anxiety that I may not have enough vodka to make it until I can get to the liquor store again. Or the anxiety that that someone is going to find out how much I drink.

Most of all, I love that I am mending and strengthening relationships that my drinking was damaging.

I was a drunk and I wish these feelings had always been normal instead of such an epiphany.

When I joined this site, I was inspired by reading about even minor successes. So I am not sharing this for any kudos or attaboys. More so just to say take it one day at a time and embrace the benefits of your new lifestyle.

Its a good day to be sober.

CK
Old 07-21-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am just 2 days into sobriety so I am where you used to be. By sharing you are inspiring others. I appreciate reading about even the smallest successes as well. They give me hope. Thank you.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

65 Days is fantastic!! Keep it going!!
Old 07-21-2014, 10:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cometk View Post
Getting sober has been one of the more difficult personal journey's I have ever undertaken. I am still recovering, but feeling very at peace with where I am at.

Personally, I am feeling a new found sense of calmness and peace that I never experienced while drinking.

I love not having next morning regrets or anxiety that I may not have enough vodka to make it until I can get to the liquor store again.

CK
I hear you!!!! It's not the easiest journey, but one I can see will have numerous rewards ahead! Well worth the hard journey
congrats on day 65!!! I'm at day 71 myself and am loving the feeling of NO hangovers!!!! Waking up everyday and NOT feeling like I was run over repeatedly.
everyday sober is a good day!
Old 07-21-2014, 11:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done, that's incredible
Old 07-21-2014, 11:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

First of all, congratulations!!!

Very inspiring to read these posts, more than you may know. Can I ask, did you work a specific program? Develop your own program? Or simply make a commitment?

As a newcomer, I'm like a sponge when it comes to hearing others methods.
Old 07-21-2014, 11:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations!! 65 days is a real milestone!! Keep going
Old 07-21-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Scram View Post
First of all, congratulations!!!

Very inspiring to read these posts, more than you may know. Can I ask, did you work a specific program? Develop your own program? Or simply make a commitment?

As a newcomer, I'm like a sponge when it comes to hearing others methods.
Hello Scram,
I understand about being a sponge.

The biggest difference quitting this time is that I admitted to family and friends that I had a problem and spoke frankly about how bad my problem was.

I found it helpful to start a hand written journal to write down my lifestyle change goals and to journal (especially early on) what I was feeling to help track progress and to have a record of the bad things I was eliminating from my life. Now the journal is tracking more positive things occurring.

I have been attending weekly AA meetings, but I haven't really been working the AA steps in the traditional manner.

I also adjusted my mindset to understand that being sober is not a negative thing.

Everyone is different, so I used others as a reference, but I am working through on finding what is right for me. But it all starts with deciding to make a change.

CK
Old 07-21-2014, 11:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cometk View Post

I also adjusted my mindset to understand that being sober is not a negative thing.

love this!