Notices

Day 9

Old 07-20-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 9

I am on Day 9 and I'm constantly exhausted. All I want to do is stay in bed and weep when someone wakes me up. I'm also incredibly angry. My dad makes comments like "did you take your antebuse today?" "Are you going to your therapist today?" My mom calls me and says things such as "your voice sounds stronger. I'm so happy that you are back to yourself".

My family life seems to revolve around my alcoholism. I have no conversations with them about anything else. We never sit down and talk about anything. My mom got annoyed with me on the phone the other day. She said "stop bringing up XYZ. You were drinking before that incident ever happened".

I am very tired. I am craving dairy, milky foods. I don't know why. I drank a lot of milk yesterday.

I am trying to pretend everything is fine. But it's very far from fine.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think if your body is craving dairy, then give it dairy. It was really important for me to listen to my body, which I had been ignoring for so long.

Tetra, I've given you my opinion before about your family and it hasn't changed. You need to step back at least for awhile, you need to make your decision for yourself. I agree that it would be very good for you to talk about things other than recovery. Since your parents won't do that, can you talk to a friend who may be someone you could talk to about other things.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This post is strong. Give your body what it wants, #1 is you. I can understand your family revolving around your alcoholism because have they done this for awhile, is this all they know too? Keep focused on getting sober then new beginnings should follow with your family. Good luck, stay positive!
Old 07-20-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't see the point in pretending everything is fine.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think your definately shold give your body what it wants. This is the time you start taking caring of yourself and getting your body better. As for the family, I would sit and talk to them about how your feeling about them bringing up the whole drinking thing. It is just a constant reminder of your past and what your trying to get away from. It doesnt help at all. Tell them just to not talk about it. Stay postive and sending good vibes your way. One day at a time. You can do it!!!
Attached Images
Old 07-20-2014, 10:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through Tetra!!
Old 07-20-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What about some of the other suggestions you were offered in an earlier thread?

About finding a sober living situation?

You wouldn't have to discuss drinking everyday with your family if you didn't live there.

I'm sorry you are hurting, but think about doing something different if you are falling into depression.

What does your therapist think would be a good plan for the next few months?

By the way, I also ate gallons of ice cream when I relapsed last August.
Part for food craving, but part was depression for me.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

I agree with what others have already said. Just take care of yourself. Do what is best for you. Get out of the house and spend time with a friend. Your parents are worried about you and I'm sure they want the best for you but I think some away time from them is a good idea. Seize those opportunities. Hugs---> (((((Tetra)))))
Old 07-20-2014, 12:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Just came back from a walk.

Bumped into a guy I used to date while I had an ice-cream mustache and a second ice-cream cone in my hand. He did say I looked well and asked for my phone number.

What's that expression about being able to laugh when times are hard?