Notices

Just tore the house up looking for booze.

Old 07-19-2014, 08:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just tore the house up looking for booze.

My parents took my ID away and don't let me use the vehicles so I have no way to go to the liquor store and buy. Last Friday (my last day drinking) my mom found me in the afternoon passed out from a binge. I made a decision that day I would try to quit for good, I've been going to AA most days and been on this website a lot since then.

I had a Mickey left over that I was planning on drinking if I hadn't passed out that day and my dad took it away (he kept it for himself.) He hid it somewhere in his basement I know it's there and no ones home so I just went down to look for it. I know I can find it if I look hard enough. This is the worst feeling I really want to stop but I know I'm going to end up downstairs looking for it again.
Old 07-19-2014, 08:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

Stay strong write what's hurting you & why u feel u need it right now and ull find the reason to this. Your welcome to pm me
Old 07-19-2014, 09:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I wish I had an easy answer for you Ceec, but I don't. IMO this is one of those moments you have to fight the good fight for "you". But know that you're strong enough to do just that.

I suggest going to bed early. The cravings should pass by tomorrow morning. Eating something is another option. When I was experiencing similar urges that appeared to be unbearable, I vowed to stay on the sober path no matter what. I knew the urges would pass if I held out. I also remembered Churchhill's quote, "If you're going through hell, keep going".

Stay strong, these urges will diminish with time, so don't give in now that you've stacked-up some good sober time.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

You'd do much better to stay online and talk with folks here.

I dunno how old you are but do you really want to be that guy or gal tearing your folks house apart looking for booze, ceec?

Go do something strenuous - work out, or mow the yard, fix the house where you've torn it apart...whatever

get a grip on yourself - be who you want to be.

you can beat this

great tips for cravings here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-cravings.html
D
Old 07-19-2014, 09:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
You'd do much better to stay online and talk with folks here.
Good idea. You still there Ceec? I'll be around for at least an hour or two, so feel free to post or PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ceec, I have done that MANY MANY times in search of booze or pills. Its not worth it, and so embarassing in the end. Post here! You can do it
Old 07-19-2014, 09:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone! I'm 22 living with my parents...they've done so much for me to try to help me beat this thing. I've broken their hearts so many times and I just can't stop. No matter what anyone does for me or how good I feel it just doesn't matter I can't stop drinking. I've made the decision to shower and cuddle up with a movie...no matter what, I'm telling myself don't drink tonight and if I feel the same tomorrow well I'll just see when that time comes. One day at a time
Old 07-19-2014, 09:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ceec View Post
Thanks everyone! I'm 22 living with my parents...they've done so much for me to try to help me beat this thing. I've broken their hearts so many times and I just can't stop. No matter what anyone does for me or how good I feel it just doesn't matter I can't stop drinking. I've made the decision to shower and cuddle up with a movie...no matter what, I'm telling myself don't drink tonight and if I feel the same tomorrow well I'll just see when that time comes. One day at a time
Showering and watching a movie is a good idea. Stay sober tonight and pat yourself on the back tomorrow. You can beat this; yes it's tough right now, but time is your friend in this journey, so give yourself the sober time that's needed to get your frame of mind in the right place. And as your sober days increase, your parents' hearts will heal as well. The best gift you can give them is a sober "you".
Old 07-19-2014, 09:43 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The best gift you can give them is a sober "you"

Thank you so much I love that xo
Old 07-19-2014, 09:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sounds like a great choice Ceec

D
Old 07-19-2014, 09:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Ceec, you have done a great thing looking for help. I envy you. I drank and wasted 30 years of my life drunk and hung over. It's a cycle you start to get used to. I'm 44 and college educated. But with my addiction clouding my mind I didn't even realize stopping was an option until 2 months ago. Don't be me. 22 is young, you have many more memories to make. Don't miss out on them. You can get through this and get it together. I'm rooting for you. Best wishes!
Old 07-19-2014, 10:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

The best gift you can give them is a sober "you"

Thank you so much I love that xo
And, not a bad gift to give yourself. So you get to give two great gifts for the price of one
Old 07-19-2014, 10:35 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ceec ..are you in the burbs or right in the city? Are you liking the meetings in your area? I was thinking of heading in there next week just to see what recovery looks like round there : ) So glad to hear you found a little peace tonight. Hang in there honey.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:08 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
Ceec ..are you in the burbs or right in the city? Are you liking the meetings in your area? I was thinking of heading in there next week just to see what recovery looks like round there : ) So glad to hear you found a little peace tonight. Hang in there honey.

I'm in surrey. I've been going to one meeting in White Rock, it's a women's group I love it, except I'm a bit shy and I feel awkward when I share stuff I never know what to say or how to express myself. It's just the anxiety I suppose talking will help me in the long run.

Thanks everyone who responded and gave their support. I got so distracted by my movie I forgot all about liquor...awesome feeling. And now my dad is home so no way I can sneak any booze tonight I hope these cravings will go away soon today was brutal but I got through it this time I can do it again!!

Feeling at peace and hopeful.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm in surrey. I've been going to one meeting in White Rock, it's a women's group I love it, except I'm a bit shy and I feel awkward when I share stuff I never know what to say or how to express myself. It's just the anxiety I suppose talking will help me in the long run.

Thanks everyone who responded and gave their support. I got so distracted by my movie I forgot all about liquor...awesome feeling. And now my dad is home so no way I can sneak any booze tonight I hope these cravings will go away soon today was brutal but I got through it this time I can do it again!!

I had a feeling there would be some good recovery in Whiterock. Sharing helps others get to know you...helps others to connect with you. And you know, you just might say something that helps someone else.

Glad you got through the night C.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hope you don't mind me saying, but that made me laugh, Ceec....we can get so panicked about booze. But when you put it in perspective, it's just an irrational craving you had because you couldn't have it.

And guess what, it passed!

Save that info up next time you crave a drink...the urge does pass - it only grows when you give it power.