Notices

Another Sponsor Question!

Old 07-18-2014, 10:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another Sponsor Question!

Hi Friends!
Another question about sponsors...I have been sober for two weeks, yea ME! I have been going to meetings every day and doing lots of reading, praying, and reflection each day. I have met some really amazing people, all such a blessing, but 2 women stand out. They have been texting me with encouragement a and driving me to meetings. Both have extended invites to join them for their favorite meetings. Really, really, nice girls! I really think each one would be a perfect fit for me, but wondering now who to choose? How do I decide? Oh, one has been sober for 7 1/2 years and the other has been sober for 25 years but had a slip up somewhere in there with Rx meds. Any thoughts greatly appreciated!!
Old 07-18-2014, 10:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Which one do you personally "click" with better? With which one do you have more in common, background-wise?
Old 07-18-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

ask your higher power, the answer will come
Old 07-18-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Pray about it. Ask for guidance. It may not be you doing the choosing
Old 07-18-2014, 11:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

keep your eyes open for other options for sponsors and not only on the first kind face that comes along
sadly some have motives of trying to control or enlist you into there world so be very careful with sponsor choice
dont ever take a sponor who pushes themselves on you, its down to you, and dont ever be worried about offending anyone by picking a sponor over people who have helped you as the relationship with a sponor for me if crucial for how i can ever understand me

i am lucky i have the same sponor i had back when i was in my early 20s he stuck around aa and i didnt hence i drank again and he is now over 35 years sober but he is a good man a kind man and he has no opinions lol the best type there is