Notices

Day 22 sober

Old 07-18-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 22 sober

Hi folks,

Well I'm pleased to say I've reached day 22 sober. I am 36.5 years old and have never went a week without drinking since around 18 years old.
Last week on holiday in the sun was pretty tough, but now I'm back at work and definately not craving as badly or as tired as previously.
I had my first assessment appointment with the NHS alcohol/drugs dept. on Wednesday. They have suggested I take an anti craving medication (Camprol) along with Vitamin B1. These are being collected from surgery this afternoon.
I don't want to appear confident as I am fully aware how easy it would be to have a drink, especially as I stay in hotels regularly for work, however I am wondering if it's a good idea to start taking this anti craving medication if I've made it to 3 weeks without?
I'm also being referred for alcohol counselling, in addition to seeing my usual psych

I guess if there's no real bad side effects to taking the Camprol I should proceed as it can only help, just wanted to hear if any of you guys and girls had any advice to offer on this.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable and sober weekend.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Hopeitlasts, 22 days sober is FANTASTIC, congratulations, rootin for ya.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I don't know much about the medication side of things but if you can manage without maybe it's better? I think personally, I would prefer not to take additional meds but as I say, I'm not very well informed. Mostly, congratulations on making day 22!!!
Old 07-18-2014, 09:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 22!

I did it without any additional medical help. Now I know I did it. Me. Not a pill.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job on 22 Days!!
Old 07-19-2014, 01:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

To Hopeitlasts,

Congratulations on 22 days and it's a HUGE accomplishment!!

I got sober in AA and the accountability at daily meetings, the friends I made, and seeing the revolving door of people in and out, it convinced me AA was for me! It's just a suggestion...

As far as medication...yes, I agree with the above writings...we got sober without it, so can you!! If you find you need help then talk to your Medical Doctor and go from there.
Old 07-19-2014, 02:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks folks for all the support..;-)

I was lying in bed last night, and realised I drove home from work past the minimart that stocks refrigerated beer and wine which I'd usually stop at. Recently I've still had the urge (or habit!) to pull in as I've done it for so long. But lying there last night before falling asleep, it just occurred to me that I hadn't even thought about it all the way home!
This may sound insignificant, however for me it's a huge step forward when I can remember how many times I've fought hard to resist the urge recently, and even more so in the past and failing every time.
Old 07-19-2014, 03:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congratulations!

I would also be on the stay away from meds but I am not informed enough.
But if this is what you need to stay quit, it sounds like a great plan!
Old 07-19-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It helps some, and you went to them for there expertise , why not its given for those people who have got through detox and helps keep those cravings away, at least get the script and if you think you might need it start.
John.
22 days must seem an amazing length of time , fantastic.