Notices

The wicked witch of the west....

Old 07-18-2014, 03:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The wicked witch of the west....

I'll get you my pretty....well that's how I feel anyway!

I'm 22 days sober and really finding dealing with my emotions a struggle. I can pretty much mask them as best I can to the people I have to but my boyfriend of just under a year is dealing with the brunt of this. I couldnt ask for anyone better but I feel I'm ruining this (self sabotage is my middle name also) so not only am i dealing with feeling bad emotionally myself, I'm feeling like a douche for how I'm being to him.

I'm scared this angry wee woman is here to stay - please say it isn't so! I'm about to work the steps with my sponsor so I'm hopeful (as ever) that might let some of this go.

L x
Old 07-18-2014, 03:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Early recovery is rough - but it's not the way it will always be

If you're like me you drank for years - 22 days is great but allow yourself a little more time to recuperate and adjust.

Many people find keeping a gratitude journal helps keep a more even balance on emotions too

D
Old 07-18-2014, 04:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Like Dee said early recovery is tough. Emotions are all over the place.

Also I found that I actually went thru the grieving process when I quit drinking. And yup I was basically a ****** to anyone that got in my way. I was not a happy camper when I quit.

It really does get better, you will see. Just hang in there.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

the steps will indeed help you you to discover yourself in a way you will never have seen before in your life so long as your honest it will work
but it takes a long time for those emotions to balance out, and a lot of practising doing different things when we feel that need to hit out

for example in my early days i would get so dam angry watching a tv show about people who are cheating on each other or things like that and i would turn the sky blue with my anger pointing the finger of blame and judging them and if anyone was around me like my ex wife she would get an ear full of it to, or i would say she is just like that and off it would go again

my sponor gave me the answer to this problem and it was simple
dont watch the tv show : )
so if i didnt watch it i wouldnt get all my emotions all fired up and it worked
so i cut a lot of things out of my life that would make me feel this way like reading a newspaper a story in there might start me off etc so i didnt read them

these are things i had to do in early years today i can watch them or read them and not react to them but i couldnt in early years

another good tip i had was if i get so angry and want to hit out then get a a hammer and bash the hell out of a block of wood
it sure did work even if i did look a fool lol

good luck to you and thanks for reminding me why i never want to go back to early years as they are so hard but its the only way we can grow and learn to live each day sober
Old 07-18-2014, 04:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks guys for all your responses.

Its so nice to be able to go somewhere and speak about how you feel and not be judged when you feel like a mental case.

(((hugs))) to you all. Feel better already.

L x
Old 07-18-2014, 10:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job on 22 Days!! things will level out in time!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 07-18-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Stick with it, Foolsgold My partner says I am calmer, happier and much, much nicer to be with now that I've been sober for a while. I know I have things in far better perspective now and don't get irritated by the changes I see in his mood (like, every other day! )