Family Vacation

Old 07-17-2014, 05:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Family Vacation

Hey everyone. Haven't posted in a while. Just trying to keep my head straight. Things have been going okay. I have the husband whose mother sells him pain pills.... I didn't confront my MIL. Didn't feel the need to. I did let my husband know how awful that is. So, since then he makes snide little comments and refers to his mom and stepfather as the "drug dealers". If it weren't so awful, it would be funny. I've been enjoying the Summer with my son. Basically avoiding my husband as much as possible. When he is around, he is not very nice. I live with a man that hates me.... I am enrolled in school for Fall Semester. He told me one evening that I need to leave. Expects me to not go to school. All this because I do not agree with taking pain pills and drinking. Two months ago....we were fine. The night I confronted him, he changed. I'm okay. Just trying to make sense of it all. I may or may not move. I haven't figured that out yet. I will figure that out later. I'm starting to stress the next week. It's our beach vacation with his dad (Not the drug dealer), the other side of his family. I love them and know it will be great fun, but 10 hrs in the car with my husband. UGH!!!! Maybe I'll stay up all night the day before and sleep. Sorry this turned into a rant. Really didn't intend it to be.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It sounds like you are doing a good job detaching, as much as possible, from your husband.

I would imagine that once you confronted him, you became an obstacle to his drug use. Funny how drug users don't like others getting in the way of their drug use!

I hope you have fun on your vacay! Bring a book, sleep, play a game, etc....to keep you bus and distracted!
Old 07-18-2014, 04:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I hope you make the most of it and have a wonderful time. Maybe don't engage in conversations that trigger a row. He knows he's using and no matter what you say, he will need to figure out what to do about it.

Take a good book, maybe some good music to play along the way and just enjoy the journey.

Hugs
Old 07-18-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. I do intend to have a good relaxing time. Other family will be around. I do okay most of the time. Im a nurse, so there are always extra shifts at work for me to pick up. The extra money will help when I decide what to do with my future. It hurts sometimes that hes so nice and friendly to the rest of the world. And im the one that actually cares whether he lives or dies.
Old 07-18-2014, 06:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

StacyMae,

Hes a phoney,,, and you know it. He knows you know it.. so of course, he is gonna be mad that he hasn't got you fooled anymore. you ruined his 'buzz',, so to speak.

I am sorry he is so mean, but that will keep you motivated to move away from the relationship, if that is what you decide is best for you and your son.

who needs to spend their one precious life with a mean addict? take away the addict, and you still have mean, right?
School is your ace in the hole, and he knows it.

good luck to you. keep posting, we care.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks chicory....Ive never thought of it that way. I always love something new to think about. Phoney....he is....And wow....take away the addict and I still have mean. I came home from work tonight and was ignored...Not surprised though. I told him Hello, and he grumbled something back. lol. I love my job, my patients, my coworkers. I think it bothers him that I'm happy.... How stupid does that sound? A bad day at work is still nicer than a good day here. That may be an exaggeration. I love time with my son. Otherwise ...I would have no reason to come home. I'm praying that I figure all this out.....