Notices

day 3 without drinking, day 33 without pills!

Old 07-17-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 3 without drinking, day 33 without pills!

Hi everyone. I'm new to this site. I dont know what I'm more excited about.. quitting drinking or taking pills (norco and percocet) but I woke up feeling great, for the first time in what feels like forever. I'm 30 yrs old and have been drinking heavily for the last 15 years (minus the time for 3 pregnancies) after I had my last child 5 years ago I started taking pills for an injury and it pretty much spun out of control since then. I was spending my days taking a bunch of pills, and start drinking wine at 5 until I passed out. Then back to the pills in the morning. I was functioning so well I didnt know how addicted I was to either, because my house was always clean, I was always out doing fun stuff with my kids etc. It started getting bad about 3 years ago when I started running out of prescriptions early, and trying to cover up with my withdrawals with alcohol which meant drinking all day and trying to hide it, until I got my next refill. Long story short, I quit my pills for good 33 days ago, which meant I spent the entire month drinking all day everyday, just to "function" well that's what I told myself. This Monday morning I woke up so hungover, my legs were weak, I was dizzy, my house was thrashed from partying with friends all weekend. I dont know what finally clicked in my mind but I am just SO done. Monday night I went through some pretty s****y withdrawals, Tuesday was bad too. Yesterday was a little better.. This morning is the first morning in a long time, that I woke up TOTALLY sober, with no alcohol OR drugs in my system and I actually feel great. I'm in a good mood, the sun isnt hurting my eyes, my head isnt pounding. . This is great. I just cant get over that dreaded fear of going back to pills or alcohol and ruining mine and my kids lives again. If I could feel this good forever.. I could definitely stick to this. Sorry for my long book lol and thanks for reading!
Old 07-17-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome! I'm also a newbie here on day 3... and I also have 3 kiddos1, 3 and 7
Old 07-17-2014, 09:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats Ready. Yes the benefits of sobriety are usually almost immediate. Recovery however takes a little longer.

Hang in there. Glad you're feeling GREAT !!!
Old 07-17-2014, 09:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats and I'm glad you're feeling well! It gives a lot of hope for me! Currently on day 8 of quitting cods.

Thank you so much!
Old 07-17-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 07-17-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!! I need to start working out again to get rid of this nervous energy.. tons of racing thoughts and panic attacks, mainly because when I'm sober I start over thinking about all the embarrassing things I've said and done when I was drunk and its so overwhelming (I'm sure coffee isnt helping the matter, but thats one thing I'm NOT letting go of lol) appleface, our kids are close in age!
Old 07-17-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job. Keep it up.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glad you are here, don't dwell on the past. Live today and make not taking the first drink/ substance the main priority. Take care.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am such a good mom when I'm sober. I'm sure you are too! Good job let's keep it this way !