Notices

Hey

Old 07-17-2014, 06:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey

Hello, been here about 6000 times before. Fell off the wagon for about a year I think, it could be a bit more or less than that, I cant remember properly as I was hammered at least five days a week by noon, which is worse than I've ever been in the past 5 years. I'm almost 25 by the way, if that matters but ive aged about as well as Lindsay Lohan.

Just here saying i'm 5 days sober and working towards also losing about 50 lbs that I gained from going back to daily drinking and the subsequent daily order of fast food. Fast food & drinking all day isnt a good combination for good health I noticed. Anyway, i'm going to simply post "day complete" on the daily support threads each day, which signifies that I successfully didnt drink, I successfully exercised for the day and ate properly.

By the way, ive noticed relapses get worse each time.

See ya around
Old 07-17-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey DDM! Welcome! I will look forward to seeing your daily updates!
Old 07-17-2014, 06:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
quat

welcome back

the best part about 'relapses' getting worse, is that you never have to have another one, stay resolute , you got this

wish you well
Old 07-17-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome.
Wish I'd have had your smarts when I was your age. Would have saved me another 20 years of misery.
I was drunk by noon, too, at the end of my drinking career. It was a pitiful existence. And that's all it was: existing. I wasn't living.
It's been three and half years sober for me now. You can do it too.
Best to you, hang in there and remember you never have to go back to those old days.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back!! You can do this!!
Old 07-17-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm 25 and just now reaching out to get support (joined this forum today). I'm 0 days sober...I've already drank today. But, reading through all these posts has given me hope that I can overcome it. And you can too. Sometimes it's hard for others to realize that people our age have a serious drinking problem, but everyone on this forum knows how awful it is and how real it can be.

5 days sober is HUGE. Getting back into regular exercise is my next step because that's what I remember helping me previously. I also have gained a lot of weight due to drinking and drunk eating.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing your updates
Old 07-17-2014, 12:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi, DDM. Welcome to SR. I am glad you will be posting your daily progress. I am pulling for you. (I am pulling for Lindsay Lohan too, but she hasn't come to me for support yet. )

Be well.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Working-cl*** pseudo tough

Fried Pickles and DDM, welcome here.

Wish I had quit drinking when I was your ages. I was fortunate enough not to face some of the worst consequences of drinking, but I was getting pretty close.

Lots of good folks on here, and everyone is pulling for the same thing....to stay sober.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Dopie - glad you are back & giving it another shot. You can do it this time & never go back out there.

Yes, the relapses get worse each time & much harder to recover from. It's good you're doing this at a young age and reclaiming your life. 5 days sober is great.

Nice to meet you FriedPickles!
Old 07-17-2014, 02:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I just came back after 2 years of secret boozing and late night drunken snacking - also ready to lose some pounds! Good to know there are others out there. Looking forward to seeing your daily check-ins = good idea! Good Luck!
Old 07-17-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome (back)

Originally Posted by DopieDopeMan View Post
Anyway, i'm going to simply post "day complete" on the daily support threads each day, which signifies that I successfully didnt drink, I successfully exercised for the day and ate properly.
why not use this great resource a little more tho - join the Class of July support thread, get to know the other guys, talk a bit about your life and struggles, and help others with theirs.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-2-a-2.html

A few minutes a day spent here could really help you turn things around

D