Notices

Newly sober, got some questions

Old 07-16-2014, 06:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newly sober, got some questions

Yo, sober recovery
So I'm 18 and just quit heroin and got put on a suboxone program. My addiction destroyed my life, I lost my girl, my job and stole from my family and burglarized several homes. I've dealt with addiction since I was 13 and been to 6 inpatients. Im living with my parents now who have been incredibly supportive. My question is where do I go from here? I'm working with an addiction doctor who prescribed the suboxone, which seems to help a great deal. But what other resources do you guys suggest?
Thanks,
Lukah
Old 07-16-2014, 06:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Lukah,

Welcome and I'm glad you found us. SR is a great resource and support. There's always inspiration here.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Someone younger than me~ Finally :P

Maybe see a drug/alcohol counsellor or a psychologist. Doctors are great for the medical side of things but don't offer much in the way of support or counselling. Do you have anything like that accessible to you? These services are usually free where I am.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Lukah!!

SR is a great place for support, you'll not be short of like minded people!!
Old 07-17-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome. Lots of help here, also NA has helped many along with it being face to face help.

BE WELL
Old 07-17-2014, 05:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by purplesmart View Post
Yo, sober recovery
So I'm 18 and just quit heroin and got put on a suboxone program. My addiction destroyed my life, I lost my girl, my job and stole from my family and burglarized several homes. I've dealt with addiction since I was 13 and been to 6 inpatients. Im living with my parents now who have been incredibly supportive. My question is where do I go from here? I'm working with an addiction doctor who prescribed the suboxone, which seems to help a great deal. But what other resources do you guys suggest?
Thanks,
Lukah
Welcome to the forums, Lukah. It sounds like you've had a rough ride so far, but you're only 18 so your life isn't destroyed yet. Fast forward 20 years.. if you don't make changes and stay clean, then you can rightfully say your life has been destroyed. You can use that as motivation. It sounds like you're getting great help, so I would stick with the counselling. These forums are a great resource.. lots of success stories and advice. I'd say you should post at least once a day, and read them on your phone every chance you get. Good luck man!