Notices

New Here

Old 07-15-2014, 02:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Here

I’m new to this form for starters. After 3+ years of sobriety I started drinking again last April. I that short time the Booze is starting to take hold. All the things I worked toward and achieved in that 3 years are starting to fade away. I tell myself every morning I’m going to go to an AA meeting after work but end up getting drunk. I move away from the area that I got sober in and no longer have that network of people around me taking one day at a time and helping each other beat alcohol. I cannot get and stay sober alone. Why must I hit rock bottom and lose everything before I reach out. I’m so scared of starting over again. I know at AA I can meet people that can help me…………..I just chicken out and go to the liquor store instead.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Three years is a lot of time, congratulations for that, you already know the phat to getting sober, remember that phat, that road and start again. You are not on the same place you were three years ago, remember what you achieved and don't lose your confidence.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome, SR is a great place. I relapsed not so long ago also. Its hard to walk through AA doors, and many times our schedules dont line up with them. THere are many forms of AA meetings, phone, internet, stepchat, and live meetings. I myself started stepchat AA, its the same layout as a meeting, just over the net similar to this forum, just in instant message with many others. You can do this. You can! you made the first step already, just keep stepping forward. Glad you are here
Old 07-15-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wishing you to stay strong , You can do this !! HUGS
Old 07-16-2014, 02:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!
Old 07-16-2014, 02:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!

Get back to your sobriety roots, the recipe that worked. I never have personally but have seen a few people fall back after they have some extended sober time and they stop going to AA or other support groups.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome. I suggest you re read your post and step back and think of what you would suggest that person might do drawing on your past 3 years sober.
I know that’s easy to say, just remember AA involves taking action to get and stay sober.
Keep coming.

BE WELL
Old 07-16-2014, 03:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

H and welcome DOCBOM

This is a very supportive site - the folks here gave me the courage to face some things I didn't want to face and do some things I didn't want to do - I hope we can help you find the inner courage to do the same.

Your life starts again when you let it, DOCBOM.

D