Notices

You can't have a goodbye

Old 07-15-2014, 06:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

You can't have a goodbye

Day 11 for me and I'm doing pretty good, no cravings, unless peanut butter can be listed as one I just wanted to say this out loud since I've been thinking about it for a while now. I've been sabotaged so many times into delaying stopping because I wanted to 'say goodbye properly' to alcohol. One last hurrah. One last savory sip, because when will I get the chance again? Then, it doesn't matter if you have that farewell sip or not. If you have it, the sadness over the 'breakup' eventually becomes overwhelming and the burden of never drinking again is too much to bear, too final. If you don't do the farewell dance, but wanted to, you'll keep wanting to until you actually do...then, see above.

When I realized this, I just put it down and walked away. I know all about the pink cloud, etc so I'm not getting cocky about this, but you know...I think I'm going to be ok.

Thanks to everyone on here for their continued support. I'm typically a lurker, but I still get a lot out of being here.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've had a thousand "last hurrahs." It was just a deception of my alcoholic mind to buy me more drinking time.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job on 11 Days!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 07-15-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

11 days is brilliant! Well done.

L x
Old 07-15-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Old 07-15-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Good job on Day 11 Chang4. I use SR as my primary source of support, I'd personally recommend keeping your guard up and posting as much as you need to. I felt like I was through the worst of it and drifted away from the site and within a few weeks I was drinking again. So whether it's SR, AA, or whatever you do - don't stop doing it, because it's working!
Old 07-15-2014, 07:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Any time i have craved peanut butter it was my body telling me I needed more protein. Just a thought.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:47 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

mmmmm peanut butter.

Well done on 11.

Stick around!
Old 07-15-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I don't know why...but your post reminds me of the anxious desire for "proper closure" with a narcissistic or BPD lover. It just doesn't happen...ever.

You can never go back and say "hey, well, we tried. You did some things, I did some things. Let's just recognize we shared some things and now it's time to say goodbye. Let's have one last hug for the good times we shared and "fare thee well".

No..you see our AV is like a personality disordered individual. In it's mind, it OWNS you. Continue engaging with it/him/her...you're punching way about your weight. It is a matter of SURVIVAL for them. It will promise ANYTHING...say anything...do anything to get you to ENGAGE.
Old 07-15-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
I don't know why...but your post reminds me of the anxious desire for "proper closure" with a narcissistic or BPD lover. It just doesn't happen...ever.

You can never go back and say "hey, well, we tried. You did some things, I did some things. Let's just recognize we shared some things and now it's time to say goodbye. Let's have one last hug for the good times we shared and "fare thee well".

No..you see our AV is like a personality disordered individual. In it's mind, it OWNS you. Continue engaging with it/him/her...you're punching way about your weight. It is a matter of SURVIVAL for them. It will promise ANYTHING...say anything...do anything to get you to ENGAGE.
Fabulous, Nuudawn!

I think the only way you can have the last word is to put the glass down, with the wine still in it, and walk away.

Happiness is definitely the best revenge, both for the beast and for the narcissist
Old 07-15-2014, 09:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post

No..you see our AV is like a personality disordered individual. In it's mind, it OWNS you. Continue engaging with it/him/her...you're punching way about your weight. It is a matter of SURVIVAL for them. It will promise ANYT
HING...say anything...do anything to get you to ENGAGE.
This is an awesome reply! I want to print this out and refer to it anytime I get a craving!