Notices

Day 2....:(

Old 07-14-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2....:(

Today is the day my ex fiancee's family will find out I raided their liquor cabinet and everything else that happened.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

So I'm going to stay sober and go to a meeting.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi lawgirl.... Yeah, been there, done that!!! I do tend to cringe when looking back but hey ho, that's in the past, that door is shut & the one in front is open.. keep going through that open door.. It's such a better place. Wishing you well..
Old 07-14-2014, 05:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Mornin' LG.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Morning all. Lots of posting today me thinks. I have a job interview but I'm going to reschedule it for tomorrow, I'm still in too rough of shape for sure.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Haha...I raided my MIL's booze hutch last year. Found that I'm reasonably good at faking sober.

I got hammered on Saturday night and it here it is Monday morning, and my head is still stuffed full of lint. I am barely coherent.

On edit: day 2 for me as well. And it's Monday!
Old 07-14-2014, 06:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Same here. Feel better LG. You will get through this.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:16 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Morning lawgirl, you're not the only one who raided booze! I did the same, at a few different places. I knew when they wouldn't be home, and went to get beer from those places because I didn't want my wife seeing money go out of the bank account to liquor stores! Looking back, I see how stupid and disrespectful that was! Turning into a common thief to feed my drinking habit..... Around the 4 month of sobriety for me, I told my wife that I was going to make amends to those people as it was constantly bothering me. I stopped at a liquor store, bought $100.00 worth of beer, and spent the day driving to the places to return what I had stolen.... Only one person was home along my stops, admitted to him what I had done, admitted that I was an alcoholic and that I was now in AA and starting a recovery program. The other places, I left a hand written note with the beer explaining the same thing. None of them have said anything about it since, just ask me how I'm doing, and that they never would have believed I had a problem with drinking!

It was an amazing feeling to have that weight lifted off me! And it also helped me in my recovery!

Sorry for the long ramble, just wanted you to know that you're not alone, and you can beat this, one day at a time!
Old 07-14-2014, 07:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 2!! Keep it going!!