Rest in Peace dear Laurie6781

Old 07-14-2014, 04:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Rest in Peace dear Laurie6781

Laurie 6781 was a double winner of the finest kind, her light shone brightly at SR and she was a dear friend in recovery and mentor to me, reaching out to me when I needed a friend most of all.

I am sad to bring news that she has passed after an illness. She will be missed by many here.

Rest in peace, dear Laurie, your spirit lives on.

Please let your prayers go out to her family and all who loved her.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...aurie6781.html
Old 07-14-2014, 07:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I read a few things the other day about living a successful life. The most important one, at least in my mind, was contributing to the betterment of others lives.

Laurie is forever successful. My life is immensely better for having made her acquaintance.

RIP
Old 07-14-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Laurie was kind to me when I was new and scared. It made such a difference. Rest in peace, Laurie.
Old 07-14-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
I read about this yesterday. We never exchanged PM's or directly communicated with each other. But based on what I've read, Laurie's left a mark on a lot of people. Which, if you think about it, is a wonderful gift. For that gift will always resonate with those she touched.

God Bless, Laurie.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I did not know Laurie but am so sorry to hear this. It sounds like she helped an awful lot of people here and will be greatly missed. My sincere condolences to her family and friends.
Old 07-14-2014, 10:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Laurie was a double winner and she brought so much inspiration and hope and love to everyone here. She loved nature, as do I, and we shared some pictures and stories of nature in her area and mine.

She loved wolves, observed them in her area and spoke of them often, and shared how when one wolf is sick or injured the other wolves take care of it and bring food until it can carry on on its own. Laure was like a wolf in recovery, she was there for the wounded and sad, she comforted those who were afraid, she inspired those who needed a lift, and she will always be a very big part of what SoberRecovery is today.

I really loved her a lot, she touched my heart and lifted my spirits when I needed help finding my way.

In every life there are special people who will always live on in our memories and hearts. Laurie was one of those very special ladies.

Hugs
Old 07-14-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ann - you caught the essence of Laurie so well. I have been crying since I found out, but I know she's free of pain and sickness, was met by her dear friend Vic, who I also adored, and many wolves and dogs that have been waiting on her.

She's one of those rare people who could call me, scold me, boost me up and laugh. My heart just smiles at the thought of her.

There are a lot of people who have an amazing new Guardian angel to look over us.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy