Notices

GET DEAD or sober0.. REALITY!

Old 07-12-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

GET DEAD or sober0.. REALITY!

I am usually light hearted and supportive, but tonight I am gray, black whatever feeling down.

Friends, here is the reality one of three of us are going to die of this insidious habit, that is right stiff, no more life, no second chances, third chances, fertilizer. Most will gloss it over and tell you, "stay strong", " you can do this", so " proud of you" good job! Nope, I am telling you this right here and now, there is no soft message the truth is what you and I need, cirrhosis slowly your liver will fail you will puke blood, slowly your energy will be zapped, and then one day you will turn yellow, puke your brains out go septic and die a painful death.

I am not joke, I don't care about the feel good types, what ever turn yellow and DIE Puking blood scared, dehydration, incontinence, drugs for the pain you will die an addict neck up, yep they will care for you but only eulogize you in platitudes.

Yep, TDG just said it, this habit kills, your habit can kill no matter. Yes, you will die yellow, puking blood with love ones saying they are sorry but not getting it! THIS IS THE ABJECT TRUTH, this will kill you, nobody will care beyond words, or they will always ask why.

Yes 1 in 20, you get that in a year 95% will be gone and off the sobriety train, maybe even me, but people die daily lonely without support and even they have support doesn't matter, because they still die.

There is hope, for one in 20 of us, forget yourself, you can't get sober alone, get help and get over you, OR YOU WILL DIE a horrible DEATH that is statistics.

TDG, stay safe and sober,
so blunt today, but I needed an I think you did too, suck it up its reality, but we can change our reality.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Originally Posted by Thatdeliveryguy View Post
Friends, here is the reality one of three of us are going to die of this insidious habit...
I like to think our chances are better because we're SoberRecovery members!
Old 07-12-2014, 08:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Coldfusion View Post
I like to think our chances are better because we're SoberRecovery members!
I was about to say the same thing...I hop,we ar right!
Old 07-12-2014, 08:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great post that delivery guy, I absolutely agree. I had two friends die in their early 40's from the unforgiving disease. I just posted about my relapse, and my distorted state of mind I was in made me think of suicide.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Get dead or sober no joke here! One in three, one in three, no joke, no lie to whatever, one in three will die a horrible death. No chance then right? Tell your story, say how bad it is, but you're still going to die! Save yourself today, TDG trying to impress upon you reality, and this IS ALL.
This isn't about feelings whatever, feelings lied you lied to yourself years, this about getting sober, the END. Don't want it, don't get it die the way I described, its a one in three chance. Not my math, the CDC.

TDG out, stay safe and sober
Old 07-12-2014, 08:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

The scary stories never really got to me.

Maybe they should have when I was drinking, but I was dumb enough to think 'that would never happen to me'.

Then, after I did nearly die, I've found it impossible to adequately convey the gravity of that experience in words.

Personally, I've always found more inspiration and motivation in the many many success stories a place like SR has

D
Old 07-13-2014, 03:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
instant

SR is full of the one in twenties