Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

For any one else who dealt with " I am not drinking/using why are you so upset?"

For any one else who dealt with " I am not drinking/using why are you so upset?"

Old 07-12-2014, 06:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
fbw

some one posted this quote in another thread:
From pg. 82 of the big book:

The alcoholic is like a tornado roaring his way through the lives of others. Hearts are broken. Sweet relationships are dead. Affections have been uprooted. Selfish and inconsiderate habits have kept he home in turmoil. We feel a man is unthinking when he says that sobriety is enough. He is like the farmer who came up out of his cyclone cellar to find his home ruined. To his wife, he remarked, “Don’t see anything the matter here, Ma. Ain’t it grand the wind stopped blowin’?”

I hear from my relapsed AH husband he has made a pact with his new buddy - they are going to stop on Tuesday but until then he does not plan on being sober enough to talk to his son. I say good for him I hope it works out - but I am not trying to hold the falling walls of our house up any more while he tells me it is all grand. This quote made my day!
Old 07-12-2014, 06:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Talking to an alcoholic who is still drinking is not worth the time!! . . . look after YOU and your son, take the steps required to live your lives!!
Old 07-12-2014, 06:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
fbw

Originally Posted by Purpleknight View Post
Talking to an alcoholic who is still drinking is not worth the time!! . . . look after YOU and your son, take the steps required to live your lives!!
Amen! Took me awhile but I am there.