Notices

Hi! Oxy User in Recovery

Old 07-12-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi! Oxy User in Recovery

Hello all! I'm currently on my seventh day clean from a 20 year bout with pain killers. I have been posting on the substance abuse forum as it seemed most pertinent, but this site is so big and I'm expanding out and reading more and more helpful information everywhere!

At the end of the day, I am a newcomer to recovery so this seemed a good place to move on to next! I have read a lot of your stories about issues with alcohol - while my DOC may be different boy are the struggles the same!

I just wanted to introduce myself - just a quick blurb, I am 41 years old, and have chronic pain mixed in with a lot of other medical issues. Slippery slope when you have pain, but I abuse the medication and at this point my tolerance is so high that it actually does not help the pain anymore anyway.

I've been down this road before, with little to no success. Finding SR has been such a blessing for me. I have learned so much and am doing things differently this time around - and I have been successful (so far)! The advice I've gotten along with just being able to pour my thoughts out to a group that "gets it" has been invaluable.

Wishing you all a beautiful sober day
Old 07-12-2014, 10:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's great to have you here, 7 days is fantastic, keep it going!!
Old 07-12-2014, 11:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Purpleknight!

I am proud of where I am, but not getting complacent at all. "The disease is strong with this one" as Darth Vader may say

One day at time is all I can do right now.