Notices

I wear my sunglasses at night!

Old 07-11-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile I wear my sunglasses at night!

I survived , Feeling better little by little. Eating healthy and drinking tons of water , juice, smoothies , vitamins etc.

I have a question about Lights -eye sensitivity , And noise sensitivity
Both are bothering me. I went to the grocery store earlier and this little girl was running around screaming , I could have smacked her ( not really , but you know what I mean ) And it was sooooooooooooooooo BRIGHT, Like the colors were so colorful. I had my dark dark sunglasses on the whole time.

Even this PC screen is too bright for me , My cell phone too had to lower the brightness. Can't do movies or anything loud not even music. I like it quite right now. Is this normal?

I am also more aware of myself and everything around me , Like everything is a dream TWILIGHT Zone - ish !!!
Old 07-11-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I haven't experienced but I hear it's common for your senses to have to recalibrate.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you're feeling better! I've also experienced sensitivity to light and irritation with loud screaming children in public. Okay, the latter always bothered me, but still. I don't know if I've had the the Twilight Zone feeling, but I have felt like my body was drunk (being clumsy, losing balance, feeling like things were going in slow-mo at times) but my mind was sober. I guess that's sort of Twilight Zone-ish? I was alarmed but then I read that it's normal with withdrawal. It'll go away.

Btw, your thread title brought me back to when I was playing GTA: Vice City. I used to get in my car (or someone else's car) and drive around just listening to the 80s music. Good times.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I noticed this a bit as well in the first few weeks. It did get better though.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Trouble1234 View Post
I have a question about Lights -eye sensitivity , And noise sensitivity
Both are bothering me. I went to the grocery store earlier and this little girl was running around screaming , I could have smacked her ( not really , but you know what I mean ) And it was sooooooooooooooooo BRIGHT, Like the colors were so colorful. I had my dark dark sunglasses on the whole time.
YES!!!! Each time for me when I was a heavy drinker even just the day after, hungover. It drove me absolutely crazy at times. But I have a high default sensitivity to all sorts of sensory stuff even totally sober, have always had since childhood.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks you guys , Going to GOOGLE it , I GOOGLE everything :p haha

NightsWatch , GTA Vice City was my favorite game ever. I also drove around and I love the soundtrack. First game I fell in love with

Good times Indeed !
Old 07-11-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Haennie Thanx - It never bothered me before, Even hungover , But now it is like I am REALLY awake!

CRAZY
Old 07-11-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's related to our previously sedated nervous systems going on overdrive for a while. Like a sort of rebound effect. Causes amplified sensory perception.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Haennie ...makes sense ! Thanks hun
Old 07-11-2014, 09:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

If it keeps up and becomes more bothersome, you can always ask your doctor for an opinion.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I can completely relate Trouble1234. I am on day 15 and I am hyper-aware all the time of noises, lights, sudden movements. There was a screaming child today at a restaurant I was at and I wanted to scream! I am hoping this goes away, with time, for both of us.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by haennie View Post
amplified sensory perception.
I have definitely noticed this in the way that I may be bothered, irritated, annoyed by audio. I will have to turn the radio off in my vehicle. The sound of a loud coworker...who I seemed to tolerate before...suddenly their timbre is like nails on a chalkboard. Last night I was out for dinner, alone and trying to read. The sound of man's voice at the next table was so "penetrating" I had to move. I couldn't read. I couldn't do anything but listen to his odd tale and what appeared to me a booming timbre.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Repetitive sounds REALLY bothered me. I'm able to tolerate them better now though. Kids yelling, cats meowing, alarms on cell phones, the sounds of workers doing construction, just any sound over and over and over... that drove me batty.