Notices

Hello I'm having a tough time also

Old 07-11-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello I'm having a tough time also

Hello everybody I'm proud to say that I've been sober from alcohol for a year now!!! Thank God, but I'm going through some difficult times with my fiancé , I'm hurting inside and the uncertainty of our future is really stressing me out. I'm alone alot of the times , and the thought of drinking comes once and awhile but quickly passes , I know that it's gonna be a tough road ahead for me and her , I pray that we can get through it . My head is messed up right now emotionally , I realize that I have the majority of the blame for our problems, I guess I'm kinda in a depression , I'm thinking of going to an AA meeting later, I haven't gone in awhile, but I feel guilty cause I don't really want to do the steps, Im guessing they would label me a dry drunk. Part of the problem is that I'm on vacation for the summer so I sleep in, this upsetsy fiancé and she tells me I'm lazy , but really I'm up late like until 4 am and my sleep schedule is messed up, but when I'm up with her , she puts me down , so why would I want to be up to hear that mess, anyways thanks for listening , hope you folks have a blessed day, stay sober
Old 07-11-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm sorry about your situation and the stress this is causing you.

Hitting an AA meeting sounds like a great idea. Just sit and listen.

As for the steps I am at my 3rd meeting so have not started yet. Frankly not sure when I need to do this. I'm reading the big book and find it good.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey SmilingFaces, you don't get to over a year Sober without learning a few things, how to manage cravings, how to push through when the chips are down or how to debunk the myths your mind is telling you.

You can do this, and SR is in your corner!!
Old 07-11-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the kind words

Good luck in your sobriety it's a great feeling to be sober and although I'm having problems now my life has changed for the better In the past year heck it's one of the best things I've been able to do with the help of God