Notices

New nervous and unsure

Old 07-11-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New nervous and unsure

Hey....
Well I've been reading all day, and getting inspiration and understanding. Don't really know how I found myself here.. But I know it can only do me good.
I am a mum of 2 gorgeous kids, 5 & 9mths, and still battling post natal depression, but the last few months, it's more the drink I've been fighting with. I've always had a close relationship with it, but now it's more of a secret partner than old friend, I drink about two bottles of red a day, most of which is drank in the afternoon before my partner comes home from work...and all without him knowing. But of late I've started to unravel, irrational outbursts and loss of memory passing out at nite. Can't remember any conversations we have ...anyway last nite I told him everything all while drunk of course, and here I am today. I wish I could just be an occasional drinker, or a social one... But fear I can't. Finding it hard today, and only started to acknowledge my problem today... How will I do the rest?
I know it's never gonna be easy but didn't think I would struggle on the first day
Old 07-11-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Butterfly!!

You'll find loads of support here on SR!! . . . it's not going to be easy, but it will be worth it, you just need a plan in place to get you through!!

You can do this!!
Old 07-11-2014, 10:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, and no, it isn't easy but you can do it.

You've taken a big first step and I'm glad you've decided to live a sober life.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. I am glad you are here with us.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Butterfly & welcome... Well done for joining, this is a real life line & you well get lots of support here... Read as much as you can & post.. You'll find lots of info which you will be able to relate to. I certainly did & I'm currently 11 days clean.. Believe me, If i can do it.. Anybody can..
Old 07-11-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome, SR is a great place for support and advice. Glad you've joined us.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! You have taken the first step admitting there is a problem. I wish I could have a drink but unfortunately that drink for me would probably be a 5 gallon bucket.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome.
Alcohol was my friend for awhile, then it turned into my enemy out to kill me.
I lied about my drinking, tried to hide it, HA! Everyone knew I was a drunk because I was drinking all the time.
It's insidious and progressive. If you're anything like I was, if you don't stop now things will only get worse.
I could never be a social or moderate drinker. I drank to get drunk. I've had many a blackout you describe. That's a real sign of a problem.

I know you're dealing with a lot right now, but there's nothing drinking will make better.
I feel for you. It's hard to face up to the fact that you have a problem. But, your little ones need you and so does your husband. And so do you. Sober.
You'll find a lot of support here so I hope you keep reading and posting. We're all here for you and you're in my thoughts.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome butterfly. . You're story is very similar to mine. It is difficult in the beginning but it does get easier and I'm just a month in. Good luck to you.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks all for replying really need the support.. Can't wait to go to bed now and have day one behind me...
Thank you, still can't believe these words are coming out of my mouth, having lied and disbelieved for so long now. But everyone has to have a day one I guess
Thanks x
Old 07-11-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Butterfly0813 View Post
But everyone has to have a day one I guess
yup.
We all have to start at Day 1.
good for you! and a very big welcome!!!
Old 07-11-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Excellent decision to quit, Butterfly. It's going to transform the lives of at least four people

Read a lot, post a lot - we're all here to support each other. It's great to have you on board
Old 07-11-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I wish i could be a social drinker as well. I see so many people engaging in a good time with libation. For them its a harmless drink but for me its a live hand grenade. The realization is that i can never drink again. There are worse things to give up. Stay strong.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Butterfly. It's great to meet you.

Day 1 - something to be very proud of. I'm glad you wanted to seek some help for yourself. You're among friends who understand how hard it is. Getting started is always a bear, but as the days go on you'll feel stronger and more hopeful. Being here will help when you feel jittery - just post away. We're with you.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Butterfly0813

You'll find a lot of support and understanding here - good to have you join us

D