Notices

I have been clean since July 4th

Old 07-13-2004, 09:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

I have been clean since July 4th

I am new here not sure what to write..I have been clean for nine days and I am in a constant battle with myself about what to do and how to live...I dont want to admit that I am weak but I am....I dont want to say I need help but I do....everytime I have a bad day I reach for a blade...or drugs...what am I doing wrong that I cant do this...
Old 07-13-2004, 09:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Rainbowflyer, and welcome to SoberRecovery - we're so glad you found us! You have taken a huge step in reaching out for help, and we'll do what we can to support you. Admitting that we have a problem can be a real relief, because once acknowledged we can take the next step, which is to do something about it. We have a Narcotics Anonymous forum here, as well as General Recovery and Substance Abuse forum with a lot of folks who would be happy to share their experience, strength, and hope with you. Have you thought about attending Narcotics Anonymous meetings? The NA program can teach you a new way to live drug free - you don't have to suffer from the pain and isolation of addiction any longer, and you don't have to do this alone.

Keep posting - we are listening and we care.

Love and hugs!
Old 07-13-2004, 09:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi rainbow! Welcome to SR. It's the admission of my weakness that lets me ask you to help me stay clean. Thats how we do it. Are you getting to any meetings?
Old 07-13-2004, 09:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Welcome rainbowflyer,

Here is a link that may help.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ead.php?t=1721

There are many people here who have been through what you're going through. Read some posts and jump in when you see something you can relate to.

You may feel awful, but you have 9 days and you're here reaching out and that's a great start.

Hugs,
MG

Old 07-13-2004, 09:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

Hi rainbow and welcome!

Your off to a good start and the above link is a good source of infomation to help you on this path. Many here in your shoes, many here in recovery. Have faith in yourself, remain strong, and lean on us for support.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Rainbow,
Welcome and congrats on your sober time.
Every day is a constant battle...but it does get easier.
There is help out there,and there is help and support here!

Again,welcome
Old 07-13-2004, 10:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
knucklehead

rainbowflyer, great work on the sober days since the 4th of july. the fight for your independence from any addictive substance is a good fight. you are doing it. it is a struggle with each day clean you win. then you got to go battle again. i know it aint easy. you are not weak you are a brave heart. you are taking you life back. the alternitive is? you are doing it keep up.
Old 07-14-2004, 10:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

Hi and welcome from me too. I am glad you found us. Stick around and get to know people here, the support you will find will help you so much.
9 days, that is awesome, be proud of yourself!!! Take it slow, just a day at a time, don't think about tomorrow.