Notices

Is there a place to find someone who wants to chat privately?

Old 07-10-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is there a place to find someone who wants to chat privately?

No meet ups or anything like that, I was just wanting to talk to someone who we could come familiar with one another to keep from explaining the details ofall of our transgressions every time. Also living in a rural area, I have a slim chance of finding a meeting that isn't just a place that people sell their stuff or if it's court mandated and it's not taken seriously. I was hoping to find someone nearby so that they could direct me on where to go. Some of the meetings I've been to are just downright discouraging. I go to these and it's a big joke to everyone, and I can barely walk in the door because I'm nervous, scared, considering telling my story, etc.

Please just move this to the appropriate place. I'm lonely and just trying to build a support system, even if it isn't done in person.

Thank you guys, for all that you do.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, one thing about meetings is that they will not force you to tell your story. You can go and just listen. I understand it isn't easy, though.

I went to over a hundred meetings and probably only said ten minutes worth of stuff, total. It was totally left up to me. They did ask me if I wanted to talk, I usually said, "I'm just listening today, thank you."

If you are lonely give it another try. Maybe not at first, but eventually you will find someone there to talk with one on one.

Or you could get some therapy?

This site is really helpful..
Old 07-10-2014, 11:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I haven't used the chat rooms here much, so I don't know if you can set up a private chat room there.

I do know there is a free, private chat service called Chatzy where you can set up a room and control who can visit. That might be helpful.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There are some online meetings you could check out. Here are some:
SMART Recovery Online Meetings & Events
AA Online Intergroup : Alcoholics Anonymous
I like SR a lot too.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

They do have private messages here too. I think finding someone local in a rural area would be the tough part.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

eastboundndown, we absolutely have that feature available to you in the Chat Room. You can create your own private room that's password protected. Only members you give the password to can join in.