Notices

Planning ahead

Old 07-09-2014, 09:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Planning ahead

I the boyfriend and I are taking a trip this summer, to visit his friend as well as take in a music festival. Part of me is nervous about going, I won't know anyone there and I'll be meeting a lot of new people. I'm used to drinking to loosen up in situations like this. I'm used to boosing it up on trips, and being absorbed by thoughts and plans of drinking, wasted afternoons in hotels due to my prior evenings poor choices, even putting myself in danger by being way too drunk in unfamiliar cities / countries.

Another even bigger part of me is excited to go on this trip. Excited to explore a new city, take in the sites, enjoy some great music. Excited at the prospect of enjoying a vacation which doesn't revolve around getting loaded. Excited to leave work behind, work on my tan and just enjoy my time away

My boyfriend told me today that there's going to be a big pool party the night we get there. I immediately felt uncomfortable with the idea, told him that I didn't like the idea because I know where it will probably lead. I don't want to get this trip off to a bad start, so I'm hoping I will stick to my guns and enjoy this trip sober. Spending the first night getting settled in the condo we rented and going out for a relaxed dinner sounds like a much better plan. Anyways, I'm done rambling : )
Old 07-10-2014, 02:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can do it Zoey!!
Old 07-10-2014, 04:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi. You can do it if focused on the now and if tempted remember where it took you in the past. A good thought that helps me is “Man plans, God laughs.”

BE WELL
Old 07-10-2014, 04:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think it's a great idea that you are making alternative plans ahead. Specially that pool party, your idea of a nice dinner in the town instead sounds way more romantic for you guys ;-)
Old 07-10-2014, 05:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

It's good to look ahead and plan for not drinking. But do you have the sober time to make such a situation doable? New people, alcohol flowing? Looking back over your recent posts, you continue to struggle. I hope that struggle doesn't extend to your vacation.
Old 07-10-2014, 07:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by zoey09 View Post
I won't get this trip off to a bad start, so I will stick to my guns and enjoy this trip sober. )
There, fixed it for ya'

Do what you need to for yourself. Have fun!