OK so I am officially done.

Old 07-13-2004, 07:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

OK so I am officially done.

HI everyone---
I haven't been on here in a LONG while (like 5months) and at one point was involved with a "recovering" heroin addict, who got me pregnant and broke up with me 5 days after I had the abortion. I had a hard time with the breakup (this has been almost a year) but eventually moved on and basically ignored him. So I decide to become a friend to him, basically because I feel sorry for him. We go to coffee together, maybe a movie, but I kind of realized he is a very toxic person. VERY. I have started dating a healthy non using guy, and the ex is quick to say ANYTHING bad about present beau.... just to **** me off. Well I reached my breaking point last week when we are having coffee and I say something and he FLIPS. Calls me a *****, a ****, a bitch, you name it. He soon after tries to apologize and I told him, we are DONE. Our friendship is over, no more. Unfortunately I owe him some money, but have his bank acct # so I can pay him. Well later that night he starts texting me saying he has emailed my current bf telling him "everything"(which there is NOTHING to tell) so he can break us up because according to him, current BF is no good for me. SO I am FREAKED out (how does he have his email?) and over at BFs... no emails to be had.. But the next day I get another email saying same thing... he has to tell him things.... day after that... he starts sending out mass spam emails that are obviously from him, selling drugs online, which all my friends get. (must of had email addresses from emails i sent when we were together) I email him to STOP, and a day later I get a text saying he is sorry. So then at 5am this morning he says he has emailed my BF about the money. I am pissed so I call him and he is half way asleep saying he hasn't sent anything., and that it isnt about the money. He then tells me he loves me and I am just like... I am done. You are making me a nervous wreck. Plus... he said he drove by my house 2 times yesterday. His erratic behavior makes me think he is using. I hate being paranoid and scared.... He is a big guy and I am just soo done with him. Advice?
Old 07-13-2004, 08:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Just basic advice

Get a new email address that your ex doesn't know. Get an unlisted, unpublished phone number, and have a very frank and straightforward discussion about this situation with your current guy - if he's a good guy, he'll listen and stand by you. If your ex continues to harrass you, such as hanging around your home, get a restraining order from the local court. This guy is BAD NEWS and while I think your efforts to remain his friend are admirable, this guy doesn't need a friend - he needs intensive counseling and detox!
Old 07-13-2004, 08:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Irish,

Prodigal has given you excellent suggestions. I would add a few more. Please copy and save everyone of those emails that he sent to you, and keep a record (paper trail) of what days and times he comes by your house, what he does and give the police a call as soon as possible to let them know what is going on.

The guy sounds like a stalker, and with what his behavior has been, one never knows today. Take care of you Irish.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Thank you for the advice. I have kept all the emails he has sent.... he tried calling this am and I ignored it. This definitely is NOT fun!
Old 07-15-2004, 06:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Chy

Ditto to prodigal!
Old 07-15-2004, 06:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Yup, Prodigal said a mouthful, and Patsy too. You are dealing with someone who is totally off balance mentally and out to hurt, so please take all precautions to protect yourself.

Hugs
Ann