Notices

Day 5 , Anxiety attack

Old 07-09-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Day 5 , Anxiety attack

I got another one and I was doing so well. I felt very nervous, shaky and light headed lasted about 30 mins. I drank half a bottle of OJ and I feel better. Has that happened to anyone else?

This sucks!

:\
Old 07-09-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's still early days, the body needs time to adjust physically, mentally and emotionally, it'll take time, but you'll get there!!

Keep pushing through, you're doing it!!
Old 07-09-2014, 05:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

On day 5 myself. Had a panic attack about noon. Disoriented hot shaky sweaty. Then i puked. Felt better after. Hope that makes you feel a little better. Keep strong and keep going.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes. Ugh. I hate them. Sorry you have to deal with them. Congrats on sobriety, though. I read somewhere that lengthy sobriety can make them much better for many people.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm also on day 5. My sobriety date is July 4th. I'm glad you posted this because I have had bad spells of anxiety myself. Headaches, sweating, exhaustion....I literally feel like I'm in the TWILIGHT ZONE! Oh my poor body. Oh how I damaged it. I pray it heals & I pray for everyone who is early on sobriety. We can do it! :-)

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 07-09-2014, 06:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Trouble1234 View Post
I got another one and I was doing so well. I felt very nervous, shaky and light headed lasted about 30 mins. I drank half a bottle of OJ and I feel better. Has that happened to anyone else?

This sucks!

:\
That sounds almost like a blood sugar problem. Have you been checked for diabetes?
Old 07-09-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I had lots of anxiety/panic issues both in the last stages of my drinking and in early sobriety. It does get better, you are still quite possibly in the acute withdrawal phase. If you haven't seen a doctor you may want to consider a simple checkup and some basic bloodwork just to make sure something isn't way out of whack, I had dangerously low levels of potassium and my blood sugar was messed up too simply due to eating poorly and drinking so much.