she still seems to be thinking straighter

Old 07-07-2014, 02:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

she still seems to be thinking straighter

While my bf's heroin ad is still not in recovery she seems too be doing better and is still off of hard drugs. My bf will be going too see he sin to bring her some furniture she needs for where she's living with her new bf and his parents.
Her cousin who is some years older was just arrested on felony h charges and my bf's daughter commented on how glad she is to be out of that life or she would be in jail right .
We had hopes that because no one was going to bail the cousin out that this might be the beginning of a new start. The people she was involved with dealing the drugs bailed her out though. My heart goes out to every one in this situation. I'm hoping for the best for the worst and feeling that my relationship with my bf is stronger and more honest thanks to what I've learned here.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep on keeping on! All you can do is pray for them and keep yourself in a good place.

XXX
Old 07-07-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
I hope she's chosen a better path for herself.

That said, your post reminds me a of handful of times when my AXGF appeared to finally "get it". Less than 24 hours later, she'd be back to acting the way she always did: poorly.

Whatever your BF does or doesn't do is on him. Make sure you keep your eyes wide open, and trust your gut. This ain't over by a looooong shot.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My bf spoke with her more today. She doesn't sound amazingly mentally healthy by any stretch, but is staying off of the hard drugs. She told my bf that it's because her new boyfriend would not tolerate her having it around. Probably the first person to set that boundary with her. Of course her staying clean now is contingent on this relationship staying healthy rather than on a solid plan of recovery so it's not likely to last, but maybe she can be approached about counseling and recovery more readily now that she is a touch more clear headed. Fingers crossed!