Notices

Brief update

Old 07-07-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Brief update

Hi All, I am doing well. Managing to avoid alcohol at all costs. I was also put on Lamictal by my doctor and she told me I really should not combine it with alcohol and that is helping too.

I registered to go to an AA conference and I am looking forward to it.

Right now I am in a good place with not drinking but I've gained 5 lbs and that concerns me. I am trying to tell myself at this point I am better off with the weight than with drinking. Does that stabilize at some point? Is a bit of weight gain normal? I am eating more.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great to hear snakes!!

I wouldn't worry about the weight gain, I started to eat more than I did when I was drinking, as I skipped meals all the time, for right now Sobriety is the aim of the game, loads of people talk of developing a sweet tooth after quitting too!!

Keep pushing through!!
Old 07-07-2014, 11:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awesome

I wouldn't worry about the five lbs. I agree, you're better off with the extra lbs than the drinking! For sure. You can focus on a diet change or exercise plan once you're stabilized. Weight gain (and loss) seems to be common when quitting alcohol. I trimmed up a bit myself.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thanks for the update snakes, sounds like all is going very well. Lots of good advice already regarding the weight gain, it's pretty common and you can take a look at your diet once things settle down.