An Update On Me

Old 07-07-2014, 07:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

An Update On Me

Hi all!
It's been some time since I posted so I thought I'd update and hopefully give some light to the strong people who are going through separation.
Well, I moved down to my mum 10 days ago and it's been amazing. The sun is shining, I have my own bed, and today, I got a job!! Go me!
XABF gave me some more money today as well. He tried to get nasty but stopped right away when he realised that I wasn't going to bite. He has someone for the other room so at least I know that I shouldn't have trouble getting money from him.
I think sometimes about if I was right to leave. Was it really that bad? I remember all the bad things he said and done and realise that I was. I get lonely sometimes, but then again, I was lonely when I was with him.
I still have my bad moments too, but now I'm having loads of good moments. The cat is keeping me company, and I'm slowly working through my issues. My mum is very caring, she doesn't drink much anyway but she's being careful around me. She knows that I am funny around alcohol just now.
For anyone going through this - there is light at the end of the tunnel. For me, it's a massive burst of light. Everything has gone right since I moved. The new job is 15 mins walk away, I can save money, the cat is loving and I am happy.
If you think that you should leave, it means that you must leave. Trust your gut feeling. I wish that I had four months ago.
And now, I'm going to go and buy cat meat, chocolate and crisps. My mum and I are having a Chinese tonight to celebrate
Old 07-07-2014, 08:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great update, good for you! Keep taking good care and Congrats on the new job!
Old 07-07-2014, 08:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

For anyone going through this - there is light at the end of the tunnel. For me, it's a massive burst of light.
This made me very happy. Thank you for posting it. That's what I felt like, too, after leaving -- yes, it was scary and yes, there were challenges, but the relief? OMG, the relief!

Hug the cat and enjoy the Chinese!!!
Old 07-07-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update and glad to hear things are looking up for you. best of luck with the new job. Its a new beginning of great things to come!