Notices

Information, please

Old 07-13-2004, 11:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Information, please

My son, 24, is a heroin addict who has been in and out of recover (mostly out) for the past 7 years. Currently, he is in Morris County Jail for a violation of probation with pending charges. He is in need of a long term rehab. He has applied for "drug court" and will most likely be accepted and transferred to a long term treatment facility in NJ. Does anyone know anything about Integrity House or Straight and Narrow? Has anyone ever been involved for know someone who has gone through Drug Court???

Thanks.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Unfortunately, I am in the mid-west and don't know anything about those particular treatment centers. Have you tried the Narcotics Anonymous page? There might be someone there who knows. There still could be someone here, too. More people seem to come on-line at night.

I know a few people here who have done Drug Court. I don't know many details, but I know it requires addicts to begin a program of recovery. Of course, they have to really want to quit and be willing to go to any lengths to get clean for it to work.

I wish you and your son the best of luck. Keep posting, and hopefully you will get your answers.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
sam082602

Smile Samantha, recovering heroin addict here...

I don't know anything about N.J. since I am from Texas...but I do know about jails, drug court, etc. First, drug court sucked for me cuz' I wasn't ready to give up the dope. Second, in Tacoma, Washington, they require you to detox in a facility, do intensive inpatient, do intensive outpatient, go to at least one meeting everyday, get a meeting paper signed at every meeting, get a sponsor, work the steps with a sponsor, read & use the literature, **** in a cup, get & keep a job, get & stay sober, pay fines, and report to your probation/parole officer every week. Third, if you screw up (like I did several times), you go back to jail/prison and you serve the entire length of your maximum sentence. Fourth, it is a good deal if you are truly ready!! Fifth, Alanon/Naranon would be fantastic for you cuz' you must take care of yourself first and foremost!! Finally, PRAY, PRAY SOME MORE, AND THEN KEEP ON PRAYING!! I hope that I helped you out just a little bit!! You are in my prayers!! Love ya & Smile!!
Love, Samantha

Old 07-15-2004, 12:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile Thanks

Thanks for the information on drug court. I go to Families Anonymous meetings when I have the time and they have been very helpful.

Take good care.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have known a few who were involved with drug court. One friend of mine is 5 years clean with a degree in criminal science and works as a counselor for addicts who are involved with the drug court system. She got a fresh start in drug court. On the other hand I had a sponsee who couldn't stay clean and after the drug court gave him 3 chances he is now back doing state time.

If your son is ready and has the capacity to be patient, willing, and tenancious and really wants to get clean he is limited only by his imagination.