Notices

Changing our tactics.. (Mat)

Old 07-07-2014, 12:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Changing our tactics.. (Mat)

It's been 6 days since I posted on this site. As I said, my fiance and I have been struggling with our addiction to heroin for a while now, and recently started using it intravenously. It is neither of our first time going through this, so we knew the risks from the start. Our original idea was to stop all together, and we were going to go to the clinic for a check up to see if there was anything wrong. That and we were concerned with the state of our damaged arms. The night I first posted here I cut up all of our needles, and we have not used them since. But I'm ashamed to admit that after only two days of sickness, it became clear that it was becoming dangerous. So, I got a half gram and I made a 2 week plan calendar. for the first week, we would each snort roughly .05 every other day. The second week, it would be the same but every once every third day. Then, on the last two doses after the two weeks had passed, we would each only take .025, and after that we would have weened ourselves through the sickness.
We made it more than half of the way through week one on schedule, and although we were still sick it seemed to be working just as we hoped. But then two days ago we decided that we probably had lowered our tolerance enough to just do the rest at once, and quit cold turkey from there.
The following day we went camping overnight, and although I don't remember it I had a (from what I was told) a pretty bad seizure. I am no stranger to withdrawal seizures as I am prone to them anyway, but I am surprised that my tolerance was still high enough to kick it in.. It probably also didn't help that I drank a little more than I usually do. Like I said, I don't remember anything of it, but my fiance has agreed to join this site and share my profile with me, and I'm sure she will have more detail to the event than I.
So today, we went out and got more to restart our calendar, as quiting cold turkey has proven dangerous and medical assistance is not an option.. We could use some thoughts and encouragement, and although we've hit a set back, I will not let this deture me. If anything I'm more determined than anything to quit. It's been now a week off the needle for both of us, our arms are healing, and if nothing else I'm choosing to be proud of us for that instead of disappointed in or shortcomings.. It feels good to be back on here. [/B][/B]
Old 07-07-2014, 01:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey welcome back, all I would say is be safe, if tappering is the only way you can do it then fine but you can't keep going round in circles giving the body what it is addicted to, at some point you have to finally get off the merry-go-round of addiction.

SR is in your corner, you can do this!!
Old 07-07-2014, 01:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you purpleknight, I hope all is well with you. and hah, that's a good way of putting it.. But yeah, at this point I truly believe this is the way to do it, and this time around I can feel it working
Old 07-07-2014, 01:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

You may have answered this before but why is medical assistance not an option mat?

D
Old 07-07-2014, 01:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The clinics in Maine are more expensive than we thought, there's one free one but it's far away.. Also, our families would be.. Much less than supportive. Already been down that road unfortunately :\