Notices

So Sad :(

Old 07-06-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So Sad :(

Been on alot this weekend and it's so sad that so many people that I consider my family (cause I don't have one) have relapsed. Myself included.

God bless you all, and hopefully we can finally reach a point where we know this is just not right and we need to do something different in our lives to reach that point.

Alcohol is my main problem....co-dependency I can't help right now. I would fix it for anyone if I could.

Love you all!
Old 07-06-2014, 08:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Luper... I think this was a tough weekend for all my American friends. The crew took some blows but they...you...will be back up and at it. We just gotta keep fighting.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's like they say Luper - fall down seven times, get up eight.
It's the getting up again that really counts in the end

D
Old 07-06-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes! We can do this!!! I'm not gonna let a F-ing LIQUID in a bottle kill me like it has so many of my dear friends. 2 died of liver failure VERY young (their livers just stopped working one day and they died 3 days later). 2 others committed suicide b/c they couldn't stay sober (one shot himself and the other one jumped to his death off a 11 story building). One friends body simply shut down. She laid down to take a nap and never woke up. These were YOUNG people!!! ......and the list goes on and on! This addiction wants us DEAD! F this addiction!!! LETS GO! I'm ready to FIGHT! Are you??? (Sorry....I think I need a punching bag....this addiction makes me so angry!) Sadly...people don't get on SR when they are dead so we really don't know how many casualties there are out there. I'm praying hard tonite...for ALL of us!

Message me anytime for support!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 07-06-2014, 08:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep trying until it sticks, Luper ... you are worth the fight!
Old 07-06-2014, 08:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey people like us just don't fight one battle and win and don't have to worry about anymore. The war rages on day by day, hour by hour, min by min. Get back up and do it again.

God bless
Old 07-06-2014, 08:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I would agree that the most important thing moving forward is that those who have fallen have come back. I was visiting my hometown this past weekend and went out to dinner with my wife alone for the first time in a while. We walked around after dinner and passed many of the bars I used to frequent. I won't lie and say I didn't reminisce to those days, but honestly seeing those people and how drunk/obnoxious some were cut my desire to go in pretty quickly.

Being sober is better, without question. Strength to those that have fallen to get back on track.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Serenidad View Post
Yes! We can do this!!! I'm not gonna let a F-ing LIQUID in a bottle kill me like it has so many of my dear friends. 2 died of liver failure VERY young (their livers just stopped working one day and they died 3 days later). 2 others committed suicide b/c they couldn't stay sober (one shot himself and the other one jumped to his death off a 11 story building). One friends body simply shut down. She laid down to take a nap and never woke up. These were YOUNG people!!! ......and the list goes on and on! This addiction wants us DEAD! F this addiction!!! LETS GO! I'm ready to FIGHT! Are you??? (Sorry....I think I need a punching bag....this addiction makes me so angry!) Sadly...people don't get on SR when they are dead so we really don't know how many casualties there are out there. I'm praying hard tonite...for ALL of us!

Message me anytime for support!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
that is a good point about people killing themselves when they pick up the drink again
if i was to pick up the drink again the way i feel i guess i would kill myself when i was drunk so i wouldnt know anything about it or have the guts to do it
so people who take that drink again should really understand they are playing with fire as it might just be them who thinks while there drunk it would be a good idea to end it all
just like so many have
i dont want to take that chance so i stick with what works for me and its been 10 years now since my last drink but its only a day at a time for me

good luck to you all who have relapsed, the only time i won the fight was when i was beaten and couldnt fight anymore