Notices

Flying high after 2nd meeting!

Old 07-06-2014, 07:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Flying high after 2nd meeting!

I was just as scared and freaked out as last night but possibly more so because there were twice the amount so people standing around! I was once again instantly greeted and welcomed and hugged. This was a topic meeting, still learning the terms, and it was fantastic to hear all the stories. So much insight! At the end, a women approached me who had been at last night's meeting and handed me a 24 hour coin! I was shocked and so proud! A few other women approached me with advice and a few added their numbers to my phone list from last night! I feel very encouraged! This morning I dumped everything in the liquor cabinet down the kitchen sink! It did not bother me a bit!. Still feeling great, no discomfort at all. I would love to hear from any of you who are going into Day 3 tomorrow! Thanks!😍
Old 07-06-2014, 07:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Congrats on Day 2 and a successful meeting, glad to hear things are going well
Old 07-06-2014, 07:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

That is great! Congratulations and keep coming back.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations! Use the numbers you were given and start your sober support network, you'll be amazed by the solid caring friendships that will form and, of course, get a sponsor!
Old 07-06-2014, 07:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

excellent Topo
Old 07-06-2014, 08:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Topo, congratulations. This is how people start to get sober. All you need to bring to those meetings are three things:

honesty
openness
willingness

Bring them with you to every meeting, and ideally go to a meeting every day. You won't regret it.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job on Day 2!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 07-07-2014, 04:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

good on ya!!
day 3 was a while ago for me but for some reason I rmemeber what I did that day: got the big bok and began reading it. then read it again.and again. then went to a meeting.

I am very glad yer encouraged and had no discomfort dumpin the alcohol.
PLEASE be aware,though. alcohol is ciuning, baffling, and powerful. pretty dam patient,too. just waiting for one wrong thought to enter my melon and for me to dwell on it.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good for you! Just think that if we let it things, us, will get better and better.
Just hang on and use the tools discovered at meetings. Those phone numbers save a lot of butts WHEN USED.

BE WELL
Old 07-07-2014, 04:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Realising my life

So pleased for you, Topo! Bring on day 3. . .
Old 07-07-2014, 04:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Topoford View Post

This morning I dumped everything in the liquor cabinet down the kitchen sink!
sounds as if you have made a firm decision

a great start on a new sober life

Mountainman
Old 07-07-2014, 09:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks for all your kind thoughts! I agree about the honesty, openness, and willingness! I am feeling absolutely amazing this morning, despite no sleep again last night! I have horrendous night sweats from Tamoxifen and I spent the night with a wet washcloth over my face next to my bedside table fan! Sexy, huh? Ha ha! Despite no sleep, I physically and mentally feel extremely energized! I started my day with a prayer asking God to lead me in the right direction in all my thoughts today and ended with Thy Will Be Done. This is going to sound crazy, but I am cured! That is a JOKE! I am feeling so great but I am well aware of how sneaky this addiction can be and how very easy it I could choose to go to the liquor store. I am comforted by the fact that I dumped it all yesterday so there is non in the house. At my first meeting a woman advised 90 meetings in 90 days so that is a goal. I will make every effort! A concern I do have...I have not told anyone! Not my family or any friends. My husband knows and is very supportive but no one else knows. I am so encouraged and excited about my decision to stop drinking and better my life that I kind of want to surprise them all one day with the news that I have been sober for 90 days or whatever. Is this a bad idea? I know that this thought may change but it sort of makes me feel empowered knowing that I am improving with the help of complete strangers in AA and complete strangers in the Forum. I have read every post and very comment whether it applied to my life or not. I bought the Big Book and a 12 step manual all on day 1. Again, thanks for all the support and love! I would welcome any thoughts or advice! ��
Old 07-07-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It works if you work it, stay positive and listen, we're all here, in the rooms, counseling etc. to help each other.