AXBF won't go away.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AXBF won't go away.

Happy without AXBF. Have ignored him like a master, blocked him on all social media outlets, phone, e-mail. He's tried repeatedly, to no avail. At one point, we had one conversation where he e-mailed (before I realized I hadn't blocked that -email yet) promising he'd do anything I needed, and I told him to take some time off school so we wouldn't be in the same place. He said no, that if it was too hard for me to see him, that that was a clear sign we should just get back together and I said he misunderstood, I didn't at all want to get back into what was a truly terrible relationship. He texted me that I was a horrible person and to leave him alone, and I said "happily" and reblocked his number.

Since we have class together, he's now started bothering some of our classmates (nice people, but people we don't know particularly well), trying to get them to get me to talk to him, playing it like I've broken his heart and now am coldly casting him off because I'm not interested. They, of course, don't know the story.

How do I handle this? I don't want to air his dirty laundry in public, but I don't find it particularly palatable to have my reputation damaged or others trying to encourage a reconciliation because they think he has a broken heart and I'm being cruel.

Asidjaiodjiasdjaoidjas. Phooey.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by scheherazade View Post
How do I handle this? I don't want to air his dirty laundry in public, but I don't find it particularly palatable to have my reputation damaged or others trying to encourage a reconciliation because they think he has a broken heart and I'm being cruel.
How do you handle it? You don't... It's none of your business what other people think of you, and any reaction on your part is exactly what he's hoping for. Don't oblige him.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

ignore it. It's a summer class right? Only another month or so.

I agree with EB, he's just trying to engage you through others.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The more you ignore it all, the quicker it will go away.
Don't worry about what anyone thinks. Most people know there are two sides to a story. Its none of their business, anyway.

Focus on what makes you happy. You are doing well!
Old 07-04-2014, 04:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

People who interfere will soon see that it's not their business.

What he thinks, what they think, really doesn't matter. You get to decide who you include in your life and who you do not.

Hugs
Old 07-04-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That sounds really difficult, to be stuck in a class with someone who's behaving that way. The fact that it is a summer class and should end soon is a good thing. I always find that the whole, "time flies when you're having fun," saying is true and you're obviously not having any fun, in that particular classroom.

However...Hooray for you!!! 1.) You're actually sticking it out, in that class(I've left classes that I REALLY needed for far-less, stress inducing reasons)!
2.) He IS your X...ABF, which means at one point in time you were courageous, smart, strong, brave and cared enough about your self to get out of the relationship.
I'm sure it was hard for you to leave the relationship. I'm sure he didn't make it easy for you(A's don't know how to back out, gracefully).
THE GOOD NEWS IS...this too shall pass.
Most "normal" adults don't discuss their relationship problems with people they barely know. Let alone, attempting to play "monkey in the middle", during a college class. That's very childish. The other folks in your classroom, sooner or later, are going to sense that your AXBF is possibly one soda shy of a 12 pack, and they'll move on. I agree with everyone else, that it's not for you to feel burdened FOR these poor folks. HE is not a reflection of you, presently! He's just making himself look foolish! Maybe, with a different perspective, you can simply grab some popcorn, have a couple laughs(at his expense) and enjoy the show!
STAY STRONG!!:-)
Old 07-04-2014, 07:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
How do I handle this?
Change your number.

I was finally forced to do just that recently. For the longest time, I didn't want to because in my view, that would mean my AXGF got the better of me and made me do something I didn't want to do.

But finally, I thought, enough is enough. And it wasn't as big a pain in the arse as I thought it would be.

Just change your number and give yourself peace.