I have such a Great Kid!

Old 07-03-2014, 06:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have such a Great Kid!

I have been out of AH's home now for a month, and DD17 splits her time between houses. Last night, during our walk, I told her that even though AH is behaving better, I do not plan on getting back together with him; that the marriage is over. I was hoping that she would understand the reasons why, and not be upset. She surprised me by saying that although she feels like she is living in two worlds now, it is better to have two happy homes, rather than one dysfunctional one. Her stress levels are down since she no longer comes home to fighting and discord. She told me that she looked at things this way. That AH and I had been married for over 20 years and had become different people. That there was nothing wrong or to be ashamed of because we had grown apart. I am so proud of her!

Now I just hope that AH will come to understand as well. I received a card from him today that expressed his hopes about getting back together. After DD and I come back from our trip to the east coast, I think I will need to sit down with him and explain how I feel. Again. Apparently, my feelings are still not real if they don't coincide with his...
Old 07-03-2014, 09:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awe sweet little Yurt sounds like a lovely!