Notices

poison in my veins,heart,head

Old 07-03-2014, 11:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy poison in my veins,heart,head

So i have been wanting to stop my daily wine drinking and since having withdrawals before i knew this time would be bad and needed someone around like last time so i can take the medication. So after having to drink for two days because no one was around to watch me and take meds. Finally my parents were around and i had not told them since my last time as they wont put up with it. So yesturday i decided i needed to tell them again so i could start my detox today...and ofcorse as life would have it my mother was in an awful mood and my father told me i was supposed to be going on a long drive with him today and all im thinking is i cant because ill be in withdrawals so i ticked him off when i said i couldnt meanwhile trying to scream i need someone to know that for the next few days i will be awful. So finally i just told my mom i ****** up and drank again and am probably going to have bad withdrawals the next few days.. and she said "well if you have a seizure atleast you know its your own fault." then told me to pray. So shes going to work tonight and i know i wont be able to be watched 24/7 now but i will still have someone somewhat there and ill have to take the meds. Ill be starting withdrawals tonight and probably post on here...and then im sure ill be worried about getting the dts since they say that happens like 96 hours after and that would be awful ive seen people in restraints in hospitals from them so ill freak myself out about that as usual. Atleast i have the meds and not as much support as i need but atleast they now know if it goes bad. Has anyone ever had the dts on here? Ive had horrible withdrawals but never the dts
Old 07-03-2014, 11:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

You really need to talk to your dr or go to the ER if you're concerned.

Ultimately, it's up to you, not your parents, to stay sober. Why not make the effort and do it for yourself and in the process you can show them you are getting well.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i already went to dr and er they gave me the detox meds and sent me home and told me to go to er if i get worse.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

and i am going to make the effort now as i have no alc and not going to buy any im done and want to be happy sober so ill just wait till i can take the meds which should be alot easier with the withdrawals like last time luckily i was fine...so today is the first step and i know the panic will sink in but i gotta just ride it out and one day my parents may see im sober and ill be happy sober too. but no where near there yet i gotta go through the starting phase and that started today thank god. i still will post though when im getting anxious as i did last time i withdrew but atleast now i know what im up against and have the right medication to help.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's good, Rocky. Stay solid.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey rocky, most have some sort of withdrawals if the body is trying to adjust to not having any alcohol, as your Dr said take the meds as prescribed and roll with it, if things get really bad seek further medical treatment.

You can't let the fear of withdrawals be a barrier to Sobriety, most of us have gone through that door and have come out the other side, so it can be done!!
Old 07-03-2014, 11:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rocky123 View Post

Has anyone ever had the dts on here? Ive had horrible withdrawals but never the dts
I was a very heavy drinker with pills
got sober several different times over my lifetime
I never really had any serious dts

although many drunks getting sober do

kind of depends on how much you drank this last time out
and for how long

a call to your doctor is always recommended

MM
Old 07-03-2014, 11:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks day one has begun! ive been putting this **** off far too long and its time to pay the piper. glad im starting again though thought i wouldnt be able to for awhile there but i think i out drank myself enough and am ready for my new life to begin and be able to actually want to do things and be someone who doesnt sit around drinking all day and is miserable most of the time. its funny when you look at what youve been doing all that time drinking and realize how crazy you must be to want to do nothing in life and all the misery i caused myself for a bottle.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Rocky, do you any plans for staying sober once you've finished detox? I had to really work at getting sober. I couldn't white knuckle it. you might check out AVRT for techniques to getting through the cravings.

Love from Lenina
Old 07-03-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rocky123 View Post
thanks day one has begun! ive been putting this **** off far too long and its time to pay the piper.
That's the spirit Rocky, go for it, the sooner you get started the sooner you'll come out the other side of the potential withdrawals!!
Old 07-03-2014, 12:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Praying for you Sweetie. Just finished my fourth detox. Even though that is hard, much harder to live and embrace the sober life. I'm sorry your Mom said that to you.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

hang in there rocky!!!
keep the phone close!! we're all rooting for you to get through this.
I have never had dts, just really crappy detoxes but nothing that warranted an ER trip.
I hope the meds help and you can get through this
Old 07-03-2014, 09:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

best of luck and good wishes Rocky - you can do this

D
Old 07-03-2014, 09:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

The withdrawals do end, good luck , I sure hope to see you here in recovery.