I guess asking him to take a hike lit a fire under his tail

Old 07-02-2014, 08:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I guess asking him to take a hike lit a fire under his tail

Hi Everyone,

I'm still with my ABF. As we approached the date he was going to leave, he found a job. I was and still am happy for him, but I tend to think back on the time he's wasted and get angry at him and me.

He has been working every day, even taking small contract jobs here and there. He does not ask me for money anymore. He recognizes the effect God has had on his life. We talk about bible stories sometimes. It's nice.

I let things be. I don't try to fix everything anymore. When he goes on one of those rants about politics/fast food ingredients/beer prices.... I nod and leave the room when there's a gap in the conversation.

I asked him if he'd ever thought about quitting. He said no. I asked if he could imagine life without alcohol. He said he'd never thought about that either. Once we get back in church, maybe some of the sermons will touch him. I'm trying to be gentle with the quitting convo, because he can deny blame and dodge questions and it's annoying.

He asked me to marry him almost 2 years ago. I said yes. We're not married, because I know I can't expect more and then get mad if I don't get it. If he stopped drinking, that would be a bonus. However, the result of financial irresponsibility (in addition to that whole drinking thing) is not something I'd like to become tied up with. I've worked hard & sacrificed to be responsible with my $. I didn't have the luxury to blow cash like him. Just easier to live my financial life as a single person.

It sucks, because I'd like to marry him. We're great friends, whether he's drunk or sober. No questions from me. Just wanted to say hi and that I've missed you all.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think you are choosing wisely. Glad to see you here
Old 07-03-2014, 06:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

More will be revealed.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Lillamy, forgive me, but I'm not sure what you mean. More will be revealed from me? Or him?