Update on 24 year old son mom had arrested

Old 07-02-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on 24 year old son mom had arrested

On February 27,2014, I had my son arrested and it was the hardest thing I have ever done so far in this 7 year long battle of opiate addiction. Rehab after rehabs, court interventions, relocations I was hoping this hell would end. Since February 27, my son spent 3 months in the county jail them was sentenced to a 6 months court ordered inpatient rehab at Salvation Army along with 5 years drug probation. The judge said if he violates he will spend 3 years in prison. He has been there since May 21. My first visit he said he was leaving. I told him to go. No one is stopping you. Well he's still there. I have visited him once a week for a couple hours each. We've had good visits and he looks great. I don't know really how he's doing only praying a good outcome. He tells me he's got this. Many of the guys there say to me how awesome he is. He's always helping build others up. It's like he's giving hope to many in there. I just listen to him give advice. One guy said to him you don't need to be here. You have so much potential. My son responded this drug doesn't discriminate. It destroys all kinds and it got me. I'm no different from anyone. He's leading group NA meetings and so far so good. One day at a time. I want to thank so many on this site who has helped me deal with the emotions in the beginning of this journey. My faith continues to hold me strong and I pray daily for the many of us that struggle with our loved ones. My prayers are with you. Hugs to all!!

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery
Old 07-02-2014, 01:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks so much for this update! A seven year battle with the opiate demon is horrible - I truly hope that the time he spent in jail and now at the SA rehab will give his brain time to recover from the horrible damage done and that all the tools of recovery he is obtaining will become habit. I also hope this time has given you the opportunity to get reacquainted with the son you lost 7 years ago and to let yourself recover and heal too.

It was a truly difficult decision you made and I admire your strength. I'm so glad that now that he has seen the consequences of his choices, he is making better decisions! You may have saved his life.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
God Bless both you and your son.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thats wonderful news! Thank you for the update! One day at a time
Old 07-02-2014, 05:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad to hear everything is going well
Old 07-02-2014, 05:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

We mamas are the only people who can see jail as a "strangely wrapped gift" that can save the lives of our loved ones.

You news makes my heart smile and I keep you and your son in my prayers, for many many years of blessings ahead.

Hugs
Old 07-02-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for the update.I remember you and your story. I am relieved to hear how wonderfully your son is doing. You made one of the most difficult decisions a mother has to make but it was the right one.
Praying for his continued recovery. God bless you both.