Notices

So confused

Old 07-01-2014, 12:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So confused

Hi: thanks for your feedback. I contacted Intergroup and they gave me the name of one woman in this area and I've gone to meetings with her. She's leaving for vacation. I've also contacted women I met while in those rooms and no call backs. When you speak of local groups, I do not have a home group yet and all the local meetings send me back to the same phone number which is Intergroup. Am I missing something?
Old 07-01-2014, 12:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hi. Intergroup is like a local office usually staffed by local people. It is NOT usually a place where meetings are held but no reason not to as it’s an information center for the area. It might sell AA literature and have meeting lists etc. Most AA meetings are independent and finance their own expenses like hall rent, literature, coffee etc. all is AA but different aspects of it.
There are normally no paid workers, they volunteer their time.

BE WELL
Old 07-01-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It was my suggestion you call Intergroup.

If they gave you one lady and she isn't available, and you have phone numbers for others, keep calling them and ask them for rides in your message. Also ask them if they can help find you a ride.

Intergroup usually has more than one person who can offer rides, call back and tell them their first contact isn't available. People calling you back is hit or miss. Lots of people are at work or have other plans or have stopped going to meetings.

Are there buses in your area? Once you get to one meeting you can speak up and ask for help getting rides and I'm sure people will help you. You have to be resourceful.

I would be extremely cautious about sharing info with someone who contacts you from this site - you've admitted you're female, vulnerable, needing a ride and have given your zip code. This is a dangerous thing to do in any online forum.

Please read the "Online Predator Warning" at the top of the forums and be careful.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...predators.html

Good luck.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Do you only want to go to women's groups?

I'm female myself and when i first started going to meetings, I googled a list of meetings in different places within a 10 mile radius, different times of the week, different days and went to them to try them and see.

Some were great, some okay. None really bad though. All were really welcoming and helpful and they recommended meetings too.

Could you do that?
I'm sorry if I have misunderstood your post, I have not read your previous posts so its my fault if I am coming in late with bad advice.

I wish you the best xx