Notices

It's really raining hard today

Old 07-12-2004, 01:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's really raining hard today

I did'nt take any pills today. I feel as though I'm coming apart.
The last couple weeks I took way to many. I'm beside myself and dont know what to do. I'm not in dt's or anything I've gotten to used to that now. I think I need a sponser I dont talk to anyone about my problem. I have to find help I'm sorry I normaly do not ask for anything. If someone could just say something to help I would greatly appreciate it.

After 12 years I thought I could stop.
The rain just never stops does it.

Dave..
Old 07-12-2004, 02:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Dave,

Welcome! I'm so glad you've reached out for help and this is a great place to come. There's always someone to talk to and to understand your situation. I'm an alcoholic, but I certainly understand how bad you feel when you're detoxing.

If you'd like to have a sponsor you could check out the NA program in your area. Also, there is a Substance Abuse forum on this board where you might be able to get a little more information.

I hope you'll hang in there and get through it, and keep posting.

Love, Anna
Old 07-12-2004, 02:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

((((((((((((((((Dave)))))))))))))))))))

Please Do reach out! I was an active pill addict since 10 yrs old....I am 32 today and been clean a couple months, but got really serious about stopping in May 2003 when I found this site....I was nearly dead, or insane...ready to get a gun and end it all. My husband said I went through withdrawals more than there were addicts..it became a way of 'life"...but then I decided I did not want to die the way I was living..I did not want my family to see me die and never know the beauty I had hidden inside...the tired secret that yes, I wanted to live.....but I was soooooooooooooo scared...the pills were my everything...and were soon to be my eternal ending. I does get better. It is brutal at first...my mind would be so crazy..and the depression so deep, so dark...so oppressive. I was offended that my husband and others told me I could learn to be happy as well as sober! Huh!!!! I didn't believe it...but now I do. And for me..I DID have to LEARN to be happy..by slowly changing my thinking, challenging my beliefs...looking at beauty..when all I wanted was a dark hole to escape the light of reality, the blinding truths so visible to my fragile new identity...I just knew I would be locked up in a looney bin for the rest of my existence.

Little step by little step..YOU can make it too you know! Call NA, talk to someone, go to a meeting..look at all the recovery programs..I use everything I can find......just don't stay to yourself.....so glsd you found us here. This place helped to save my life.

Hope to see you around....Hang in there, okay?
Old 07-12-2004, 03:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

.....it's raining pretty hard here off and on today too.. Kinda reminds me of recovery. The good days AND bad....here.... I will share my 's with you.

((((((((((((Warm, Supportive Hugs)))))))))))))
Old 07-12-2004, 03:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Pill addict (amongst other things) here too, Dave. I'd like to share my with you too.

The vast majority of addicts can't stop on their own. You NEED a support system. That's why NA works so well. Call your local number now. If you don't have a local NA number, call AA.... they'll send you in the right direction.

You do need a sponsor. And ppl to call.

And be really careful if you try to detox on your own. You might need a doc's assistance. Pills can be particularly difficult and dangerous.

Please keep posting and reading. This place really helps. Go down to the substance abuse forum..... lots of pill addicts there too.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

when the rain finally ends and the clouds go away there is always that smell you know? think of that smell and breathe deep and remember that there are so many people that love you and care about you. i am here if you need me. someone has ahold of you and brought you here to be saved. think of that. it's only going to get better.
angelwings - lol
Old 08-11-2004, 12:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

The rain washes away the old... it washes away the dirt and dust. Rain is what cleanses the earth. Recovery is like rain...we are left clean and free... and nourished.
I agree with you... a sponsor is an excellent idea. I hope you know that you can call anyone in recovery... it is encouraged. Please keep posting... and keep coming back. it does get much better.
Welcome to SoberRecovery.