Notices

feeling a bit better

Old 07-01-2014, 11:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling a bit better

Five or six days post-binge I am feeling a lot better.

I went to a ton of meetings. Some of them are helpful, some just make me feel alienated. There have been some comments about "pesky agnostics" and an AA troll who told me not to be a "sober ****". I asked him what that was and he said "a girl who used to be a drunk ****, got sober, and still can't keep the dicks out of her mouth."

But I don't feel despair anymore. This weird thing where I talk to different fictional characters for different situations (Dumbledore, Hershel from The Walking Dead, Katniss from The Hunger Games) is shockingly helpful. I'm trying to keep my weekends busy so I don't have the opportunity to think about how awesome it would be to binge into a coma. I don't think I'll ever be all YAY I'M SOBER but right now it beats drunk tears.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through, 6 Days is fantastic!!
Old 07-01-2014, 11:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Nice work. Glad to hear you are finding support, and just ignore the trolls. You'll find that there are negative people everywhere you go in the world, AA meetings are no different.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnotherAlkie View Post
Five or six days post-binge I am feeling a lot better.

I went to a ton of meetings. Some of them are helpful, some just make me feel alienated. There have been some comments about "pesky agnostics" and an AA troll who told me not to be a "sober ****". I asked him what that was and he said "a girl who used to be a drunk ****, got sober, and still can't keep the dicks out of her mouth."

Wow. That seems a bit out of line. I think some people take the higher power interpretation a little too extreme in terms of God. It is up to each one of us to find our own higher power. I am not religious and I never will be. My higher power is Mother Nature. Quite judgemental on both those people's part. Not supportive either. Just ignore people like that, they are the bitter ones.

You are further along then I am. Just remember how painful binge drunk tears are stay strong! 6 Days is a great start, keep it up!
Old 07-01-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on six days.

Yeah, in AA meetings some people are sicker than others. Goes with the territory.