Notices

Day 3 and I'm exhausted

Old 06-30-2014, 01:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 and I'm exhausted

Day 3 is here and I don't think I've ever been more tired in my life. Overslept this morning and was 45 mins late for work. It's crazy how that didn't happen when I was hung over. How long does this tired only want to sleep lack of motivation last?
Old 06-30-2014, 01:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Day 3 is very early in recovery, and it's usually one of the toughest ones. Your body is trying to recovery from all the abuse you put it through drinking and it will take some time. Rest is important, as well as drinking lots of fluids and eating healthy foods. It will definitely not last forever - keep up the good work!
Old 06-30-2014, 02:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It may take a while but the cool thing is it goes away. I will be one month sober soon and I feel great. I have so much energy and I'm way more productive. However at day 3 I could barely get out of bed. So hang in there. It will get better. Oh and vitamins and exercise helped me as well.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Realising my life

Congrats on 3 days, whyme! This WILL get better, I promise
Old 06-30-2014, 02:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness, the exhaustion was a huge thing for me! I've recently relapsed and the exhaustion has returned, big time. Napping is a huge thing. I got really into coffee during early sobriety but when I was ready, I phased it out and embraced naps. 20 minutes here and there will help so much. I set alarms for my breaks during work. It won't be forever, but whilst your body is recovering it will help a lot.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:41 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Every time I've one more than three days, the third was the changeover day. I started feeling better after that.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

One thing I remember about those very early days is how the exhaustion that comes with getting sober was such a better, more relaxing type than that of being hungover.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hell at day 3 I was still in the ER and they weren't sure I was going to make it. So you are doing great. Keep it up it'll only get better.
Old 06-30-2014, 04:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone. I know my body is worn down. Just a few weeks ago I was ready to cut off my arms because they weighed so much just hanging there as I was walking to the fridge. I'm learning so much about my condition and my AV and how the damage I've done needs time to heal. Your support is greatly appreciated
Old 06-30-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I was exhausted for the first few weeks, but things got better, hang in there!!
Old 06-30-2014, 07:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I totally identify with how you are feeling. I am on day 7. I wanted to drink in the worst way yesterday, but didn't. I think one of my rationales was that I desperately needed to sleep. I haven't slept much since my last drink and I am completely drained and exhausted tonight. On the bright side, I did not drink today, so I consider the day a success, exhausted or not. Keep up the good work!