Notices

World Cup party, and going to be sober

Old 06-29-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

World Cup party, and going to be sober

So this morning my boss has arraigned a world cup party to watch the Mexico game, I am actually kind of excited about getting out this morning and having fun.

There is going to be booze, lots and lots of booze. The booze scares the hell out of me, but I think I can maintain.

However, I have a plan, I am going to get my own drinks, decline all offers, and if it gets bad I will leave and come home. I have to make an appearance, and I might stay for the whole game, but this is the first time I am taking myself out of my comfort zone this time.

TDG here, wish me luck folks, I am going to the throat of the beast, and will hopefully come out intact, stay safe and sober friends TDG
Old 06-29-2014, 07:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good to hear you have a plan. That's what I do. Nothing is more important to me than staying sober. If I have to leave an event because something happens, then I will. I'm just in the mindset right now that I don't drink alcohol. I've had to confront family and sets of friends who are definitely surprised by it, which tells me I'm on the right track (people associate me with drinking).

If you feel like it's getting to be a bit much, then just leave. Make sure your boss knows when you were there. They'll be so liquored up, people will have a hard time recalling when you left.

From my drinking days, people that did that were forgiven easily as I went back to being obnoxious and getting loaded (thinking about myself).

Good luck!
Old 06-29-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hope it all goes well!!
Old 06-29-2014, 08:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Stay strong buddy, you can do this.
Old 06-29-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thatdeliveryguy View Post
So this morning my boss has arraigned a world cup party to watch the Mexico game, I am actually kind of excited about getting out this morning and having fun.

There is going to be booze, lots and lots of booze. The booze scares the hell out of me, but I think I can maintain.

However, I have a plan, I am going to get my own drinks, decline all offers, and if it gets bad I will leave and come home. I have to make an appearance, and I might stay for the whole game, but this is the first time I am taking myself out of my comfort zone this time.

TDG here, wish me luck folks, I am going to the throat of the beast, and will hopefully come out intact, stay safe and sober friends TDG
What I have found out, and I am sure you will too, no one will care that you aren't drinking. It's our AV that tries to convince us that everyone at these types of events will inquire and press us as to our not drinking, but the reality is 99% of people simply don't care. Just go and have fun, and leave if it gets uncomfortable. Enjoy the game too, should be a good one!