IOP Intake on Thursday

Old 06-28-2014, 05:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

IOP Intake on Thursday

The same day I'm leaving for CA. The place I'm going for the wedding has no cell phone reception so I won't be able to talk to him until Monday. I am almost glad. I am have a hard time being enthusiastic about it. I'm very disappointed that he can't come with me. I feel fine, and then the resentment and disappointment wells up in me again. I know I will work it out.....just gotta go through it. I'm really looking forward to this trip. Wish I could leave tomorrow.

I'm not looking forward to calling my friend and telling her my BF is not coming with me. She knows he's a recovering alcoholic and is not a judgmental person. However, her mom was a raging alcoholic who committed suicide when my friend was 15, so I can't help but think it might be a trigger for her. As usual, I'm projecting and thinking of other people's feelings. I can't help it. It's just part of my nature and has been since I was a little kid.

Anyway, thanks for listening! Have a good weekend.......
Old 06-28-2014, 06:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

RB, big hugs and wishing you a great trip. Sometimes a change in scenery and routine can open the door for insights, or at least that's what I've found. I hope the same happens for you, and I hope you find both some peaceful times and some fun.

More (((((hugs)))))!!
Old 06-28-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I do hope you enjoy your 'unplugged' weekend, readerbaby. If he's going through intake, he's in good hands. Silence can be very healing
Old 06-28-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Honeypig, we are going to be in a beautiful, natural setting on the coast of Northern California. It doesn't get much better than that. I am looking forward to having fun with friends and also enjoying nature and some introspection.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hugs, RB! I hope you enjoy your time in Cali and spend your time here focusing on just enjoying yourself. Maybe it's a blessing that he has to do this entirely on his own this time. I've been hearing that sobriety only really works when they want it entirely for themselves. Your BF knows that you love him and support him so maybe this is what he needs, to do the hard work by himself and for himself. And more importantly, maybe this is what you need too. Sending you happy thoughts.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Sounds like a wonderful and well-timed break, and a beautiful part of the world. Enjoy yourself. Are you taking something to read?
Old 06-28-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi readerbaby, wishing you much fun and joy with your trip to northern CA!

While it would have been nice if IOP would have been an option for AH, one of the things I've liked about inpatient rehab is the very limited contact. It forces me to work more deeply on myself. If it triggers me when we do talk, I'm able to step back and see more clearly what else I need to work on.

Any chance you can extend your trip and make it longer, to have some more quiet you time? Good luck in finding many small moments purely for yourself throughout the week ahead.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by keepingthefaith View Post
Hi readerbaby, wishing you much fun and joy with your trip to northern CA!

While it would have been nice if IOP would have been an option for AH, one of the things I've liked about inpatient rehab is the very limited contact. It forces me to work more deeply on myself. If it triggers me when we do talk, I'm able to step back and see more clearly what else I need to work on.

Any chance you can extend your trip and make it longer, to have some more quiet you time? Good luck in finding many small moments purely for yourself throughout the week ahead.
After three days in Mendocino I'm going to the SF Bay Area for a few days. I can't wait!
Old 06-29-2014, 04:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Enjoy RB!