Notices

How many people have had seizures during with withdrawal?

Old 06-27-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

How many people have had seizures during with withdrawal?

Not asking for medical advice, just curious. I've met a few people who have and this topic came up with a friend in recovery. She hadn't even heard about them.

Were there any warning signs? (if you had one?) when did it occur (i.e. how long after your last drink?)

Just curious, as I didn't realize how prevalent this was in withdrawal!

Hope everyone had a sober, healthy, happy day
Old 06-27-2014, 08:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I had one. I think it 2as between 24 and 48 hours since my last drink. It happened at night while I was laying next to my husband. I hadn't been able to sleep and was jumping at every noise. My brain felt like someone was poking it with an electric stick in several places. Next think I know, I feel strange. Time kinda flowed differently and I couldn't think. I couldn't really process anything happening besides me not being in control of my body. My husband sleeps soundly and did not wake. When I was able to kind of wonder what happened, I immediately thought seizure. My body still didn't feel right. It's hard to explain. I stayed up all the rest of the night in terror. I was afraid that if I tried to sleep again, my husband would wake to a dead wife.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
I had one. I think it 2as between 24 and 48 hours since my last drink. It happened at night while I was laying next to my husband. I hadn't been able to sleep and was jumping at every noise. My brain felt like someone was poking it with an electric stick in several places. Next think I know, I feel strange. Time kinda flowed differently and I couldn't think. I couldn't really process anything happening besides me not being in control of my body. My husband sleeps soundly and did not wake. When I was able to kind of wonder what happened, I immediately thought seizure. My body still didn't feel right. It's hard to explain. I stayed up all the rest of the night in terror. I was afraid that if I tried to sleep again, my husband would wake to a dead wife.

Oh my! How frightening I'm so sorry for that experience. But good news! You're sober now and will NEVER have to go back to that place