Notices

On the binge of my life, and I am loving it help

Old 06-27-2014, 08:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

On the binge of my life, and I am loving it help

Ok, the title of my post was to draw you in, Who doesn't want to be the center of attention or on this site have their post read.

Sorry about the head fake, but the "binge of my life" is a sober one. As a former daily alcoholic, I am riding the world like I own it. I am riding the high of sober, I am working a plan that is working for me.

I am creating a new me, even if I am lost in the moment, I am faking being a new me. I am getting straight in the head, going to meetings, getting connections ( phone numbers) and trying not to relapse again.

Hey friends, I am not so far into my recovery, I could fall off daily, but know this I am trying and so should you..... If you have one hour sober, that is one hour that adds value to you, but a non sober hour doesn't detract from you life, it only gives you a minute to pause and possibly wish to be non sober.

I wan't to be sober, so I find myself confused and screwed at moments in thought. I mean there are times I am like screw this, I gotta drink..... However, I also think about waking up in a field confused a bloodied, and knowing I want better. This guy is going to try to not ever be there again, no matter what the consequences, and there have been many.

One thing I've learned through my experience is be serious, hey... I can tell you I am serial relapser, but if you want to be sober, GET SOBER. Don't fake it, don't lie, don't tell yourself one time, don't tell yourself any lie, IT DOESN"T WORK..... If you want to drink and can't don't want to stop, you aren't going stop. You get that, stopping is about you, there is no magic fairy dust, life is what you want it to be..... Cliche and redundant, but hey cliches are cliches for reason, but then again you and I are not sober for a reason.... think about that..... NOBODY IS GOING TO CREATE A REALITY OF SOBRIETY FOR YOU..... Only you, as an individual, can!

I am just one man trying to stay sober, or I would of quit long time ago, but I can tell you sobriety is work. Lets get sober together, lets know we don't have all the answers, but we have this site to lean and that we can achieve sobriety.

TDG here, stay safe and sober friends, reality is perception and perceptions are reality, get real and lets be sober.... TDG
Old 06-28-2014, 01:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There was a thread a while back on "thread titles", this definitely would meet the criteria!!

But anyways I hear Sober binges are all the rage these days!!
Old 06-28-2014, 02:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Yep, the title certainly got my attention. I thought, "This guy's got some nerve!" You sound great, btw. Very inspiring!
Old 06-28-2014, 03:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

I'm warning you - that positive mental attitude will get you everywhere!
Old 06-28-2014, 10:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This thread is heartily-endorsed by 100% of FreeOwls.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good post. Lots of lovely truth in there despite the title : )

Keep on, keepin on.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

You definitely got my attention! LOL!!! But I love your post... awesome! You gotta love that kind of high.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Phoenix Rising Again

Way to scare me, TDG!

It sounds like you are really getting things together on your end!

Thank you for sharing the wonderful news!
Old 06-28-2014, 12:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Smart move IMO. Love the attitude. Love that you shared what works for you. Even though we are all different, there are plenty of people where sharing what works for them actually does work for someone else. If we don't share, how would any of us know what to try?

And you shared in the most respectful manner. It was honest.

There are days where I forget how fabulous being sober is. I need a nice positive reminder that yes, it is great.

Thank you for my daily inspiration!!