Hysteria?

Old 06-27-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hysteria?

As some of you may know, my XAH moved out 3 months ago and he now lives 10 hours away and after a few threats of suicide, he ended up in a mental health ward after pouring petrol over himself and threatening to set himself on fire.
He is now out and has moved in with a woman and her two children.
So I have heard nothing from him for a few weeks, and then tonight the phone rings and it's him, drunk and aggressive. I calmly told him I would not speak to him when he's been drinking and I hung up (I'm really proud of myself for that part!)
The phone rings a minute later, I answer and they hang up. A minute after that it rings again and a drunk woman says "who the f... Is this?" I say "who is this?" And she slurs back "keep the f... Away from my man"
I hang up, and a few minutes later XAH phones back, and I'm clearly on speakerphone, and he's slurring "I truly love this girl, I f.....ing love her" she's in the background screaming about what a bleeping bleep I am, and I start hysterically laughing to the point I can't breathe!
This clearly aggravates them and they start fighting between themselves! Omg I can't stop laughing, I think I've flipped into hysteria...
Old 06-27-2014, 07:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

kidden---perfect way to handle that!!

Some day...like, about 10yrs. from now.....remember to thank him for moving that insanity away from you.....

dandylion
Old 06-27-2014, 07:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Girl...that is perfect. How awful that the winner he has has children. However, this is PERFECT, and you did absolutely the right thing.

It's a good thing when you have stepped off the crazy train and even though it makes a stop you refuse to get back on.

GOOD FOR YOU! TGIF!
Old 06-27-2014, 07:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Your post put a big fat smile on my face. I can only imagine how good YOU must feel.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

On what planet does this kind of stuff even OCCUR to people??

So very glad you're out of the nuthouse now!!!
Old 06-27-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

First of all... this is freaking PRICELESS! BUT... second of all, please don't answer the phone next time ;-)
Old 06-27-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Refiner View Post
First of all... this is freaking PRICELESS! BUT... second of all, please don't answer the phone next time ;-)
Yes I must buy a home phone that shows whose calling, much better to not answer than go through that again!
Old 06-27-2014, 05:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Kidden, I don't even know you, him, or her, and I'M laughing. But I understand the having a kind of hysterical feel behind it. I had the same response when AXH's GF sent an e-mail to me and his family, one of the times she kicked him out, stating "Don't trust him as far as you could throw him! He's a liar and will say anything he thinks you need to hear to get his way."

The internal dialog in my head was "REAAAALLLY? No? No, say it ain't so. AXH... lying? And you didn't guess this when you found out he had lied about being single?"

You're OK. You're doing great. I think laughing is a valid response to a fairly surreal experience.
Old 06-28-2014, 06:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

this is so very effin awesome, thanks for making my day!

Be well, stay strong, and live your life to the fullest, you deserve it, my friend.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So why did you answer the phone after the first call?
Old 06-28-2014, 04:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NYCDoglvr View Post
So why did you answer the phone after the first call?
Very good question! I guess somewhere inside me I like the craziness? Or it feels comfortable? You know thinking about it now, I didn't even hesitate to pick up the second or third call... Thanks for this nycdoglover, it's made me aske myself some big questions.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

So you probably won't pick up the phone in the future but I admit I think it's freaking hilarious too.