Notices

End of Day 3 Pushing On

Old 06-26-2014, 10:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

End of Day 3 Pushing On

Hey everyone,

Been a while since I've posted anything. Been out repeating the same old patterns (bar-binge drinker) and dealing with the issues that come with that the best I could along the way. I've been really lucky to not have any major consequences this go round but I know they're right around the corner if I were to continue. Which I'm not because I'm done.

I started having very physical panic attacks about 2 months ago and had three since. They all followed a binge night/next morning with no eating for a day or two and usually no sleep. Around this time I started trying to "fix" my hangover with ADHD medication the next day which worked very briefly. I suffer from anxiety anyway so after a while the pill wearing off would bring too much anxiety and panic about the way my life was going.

So I quit using the pill at all about two weeks ago though I still had drinking days because I hadn't committed myself to the thought. My last drink was on Monday and I'm ready to do this. I saw my doctor over the weekend and was honest about my problem. I got a physical and the lab results came back normal which I was so relieved to hear. I'm in the process of trying to secure his referral to a Behavioral Therapist/ Treatment center for a further evaluation.

I had a new health issue that popped up yesterday out of the blue that has me really worried about what it could be. I spent the whole night researching symptoms which was freaking me out. I looked at the clock and thought I still have 45 minutes to get to the bar and then make the late bar... But I've done that so many times. If this condition is really bad that won't help a single thing. If I were to drink I definitely wouldn't call my doctor in the morning like I plan to now.

Anyway I'm really grateful this forum is here. Everyone's stories have given me a lot of hope, strength, and insight over the past year or so. And this gives me a healthy outlet during what's my hardest trigger times. On to day 4! Thanks
Old 06-26-2014, 10:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Simplex.. Know what you are going through but best to avoid Doctor Google.. I should be dead by now according to him!! If you are concerned go & see your Quack... Make sure you get plenty of fluids in you & some good vits... Wishing you well..
Old 06-27-2014, 01:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great Job on 3 Days, keep pushing through!!